Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

5 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

People always say they will make their voices heard at the polls but they don’t need to wait that long. Look at the BLM issue a couple years ago. Bunch of citizens on horseback with guns had their voices heard. Good combination of 1A and 2A.

The guys using public lands illegally?  That wasn't a protest.  That was trespassing.

1 hour ago, Weave said:

The guys using public lands illegally?  That wasn't a protest.  That was trespassing.

I agree 100%  I’m a simple guy that has often exercised his right to protest peacefully. I make sure to research my legal rights and protest well within those rights. No need to delegitimize my cause and embarrass a movement. 

2 hours ago, Weave said:

They thought they were in the right and went measure for measure with the authorities. I see a difference in their execution compared to more recent protests. 

25 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

They thought they were in the right and went measure for measure with the authorities. I see a difference in their execution compared to more recent protests. 

They were not in the right.

Edited by SwampD

29 minutes ago, SwampD said:

They were not in the right.

In their eyes they were. The point is people can get attention to a cause aside from waiting for the polls. How they push their message affects support. I think there are intelligent people who oppose President Trump’s policies and actions but they get overshadowed by less intelligent people. Same goes for pro Trump people. 

2 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I hope the WH declassifies the FISA docs in full. I want to see how big of a role the dossier played and what vetting went into it. I also want to see what FVEY countries were involved and to what extent.

Call me crazy, but I think declassifying national security information for political purposes is a bad idea. 

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Call me crazy, but I think declassifying national security information for political purposes is a bad idea. 

Methods eluding to capabilities is worthy of national security. Information identifying the role of partner nations is not with exception of their capabilities. The evidence used to gain a FISA warrant and continue surveillance would likely not meet that criteria at this point. 

3 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Not declassifying them for political purposes is even worse.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:02 AM, Weave said:

And here it is, conservative nationalism is nothing more than the new collectivism.  Good outcomes at the expense of individual liberty.  No wonder the right has become smitten with Russia.

https://reason.com/2019/07/18/the-new-conservative -nationalism-is-about-subverting-individual-liberty/

Just got done watching Chernobyl. It was really good. Shows what can happen when your country is basically run by the Mob.

its surprising to me just how many people seem to want that form of governance in this country.

• Like (+1) 1

A great many people do not want to have to work hard, at anything.  Thinking included.

Most want to live their lives in their peaceful bliss, watching TV, streamers, clicking like, swiping right.  Whenever anything gets in their way they whine about how someone else should fix it.

I'm not at all surprised.. any more.

• 3 weeks later...

From Scott Lincicome of the Cato Institute:

Trump has now spent 18 mos injecting (or threatening to inject) new taxes, almost at random, into the global economy, with zero significant pushback from congress, the courts, or the WTO. Of COURSE that's gonna make investors think twice abt dropping billions into new projects.

In response to the news that the US Economic Policy Uncertainty Index is at a 34 yr high. Companies are not pumping cash into capital investments as promised when those tax cuts were passed.

My employer announced on Thursday that they are projecting 4-6 quarters of stagnant or shrinking sales projections.

I don’t know about you all, but I’m tired of all this winning we are receiving.

15 minutes ago, Weave said:

From Scott Lincicome of the Cato Institute:

Trump has now spent 18 mos injecting (or threatening to inject) new taxes, almost at random, into the global economy, with zero significant pushback from congress, the courts, or the WTO. Of COURSE that's gonna make investors think twice abt dropping billions into new projects.

In response to the news that the US Economic Policy Uncertainty Index is at a 34 yr high. Companies are not pumping cash into capital investments as promised when those tax cuts were passed.

My employer announced on Thursday that they are projecting 4-6 quarters of stagnant or shrinking sales projections.

I don’t know about you all, but I’m tired of all this winning we are receiving.

To the bold: I'm sure they promised, but this is not what companies do or have ever done when tax rates drop.  They hoard cash when it becomes cheaper to do so, and plow money back through the company in the form of capital investment and hiring, among other avenues, when tax rates go up.  There was never going to be another outcome. 

3 hours ago, Sabel79 said:

To the bold: I'm sure they promised, but this is not what companies do or have ever done when tax rates drop.  They hoard cash when it becomes cheaper to do so, and plow money back through the company in the form of capital investment and hiring, among other avenues, when tax rates go up.  There was never going to be another outcome. 

Companies didn’t say it.  Our President said it as rationale for the tax plan and the re-patriation of overseas profits.

Pinocchio in chief

Trump isn't so much destroying the country as he is clumsily exposing every single vile truth of the brain disease that is American Conservatism and the tangled web that connects all of it.

Perhaps we should be thanking him for shattering the barriers that kept the quiet parts from being said out loud. The quiet parts are now blasting out at full volume, obvious and unavoidable.

Trump leaning into the racism, the fascism, the gas-lighting, the white supremacy, the anti-semitism-- it's weirdly vindicating.

Trump isn't destroying America, he is America.

At least we don't have to pretend otherwise anymore.

No he isn't america. He's the left over filth from a garbage group of entitled piles of ***** that needs to leave power so we can all move on. 

3 hours ago, 5th line wingnutt said:

How so?

Really? Economy, foreign policy, immigration policy, energy policy... etc. 

He's trash 

Edited by LGR4GM

18 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No he isn't america. He's the left over filth from a garbage group of entitled piles of ***** that needs to leave power so we can all move on. 

He's trash 

Can you be more specific?  What is wrong with his

economic policy?  The economy is doing quite well.  Unemployment is low, wages are rising.  What is wrong with any of that?

Edited by 5th line wingnutt

6 minutes ago, 5th line wingnutt said:

Can you be more specific?  What is wrong with his,economic policy?  The economy is doing quite well.  Unemployment is low, wages are rising.  What is wrong with any of that?

The economy is unstable, wages are rising at lower levels than they were. Unemployment continued the descent from Obama and is now starting to creep up. We're headed towards a recession. The deficit is growing massively. Between the tariffs and tax cuts the US economy is extremely fragile. 

You can't deficit spend like this, it's a time bomb. The worst part is with corporate welfare being so high with taxes so low there's no wiggle room to help the economy when it starts to fall which is about to occur. 

The middle class has continued to see meager wage increases relative to inflation. Meanwhile the tax cuts that were going to give us all more money have increased the wealth gap and little else. 

Do your own research, the economy is not okay. It's slowing and there is a recession coming, probably in the next 12 months. 

Edited by LGR4GM

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

He's trash 

You can't just "move on" from a cancer that is this severe. It's going to take decades of hard work and a complete reboot of American civics. To believe otherwise is to live in denial about the full extent of the problem. Trump is not his own unique person. He's a conduit for millions of people who think the things that he says, and those people are not just going away, especially when they are counted among the most powerful people in the country.