Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

11 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Well I suppose we are a ways away from that right now. Currently we have a trade war that has to play out. He tanks the economy it won't matter because he will lose by a landslide. 

And someone else moves in. People on both sides will say the same things only the people saying them will be the opposite of today.

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

I should have said cherry-picked. He only mentions the 15% increase in the tariffs, but why ignore the original 10%.

His throwaway line about the effect on farmers is also interesting. He talks about the reduction in cost of things, but that's only because there is a surplus now. Once farmers stop growing, the cost will go back up or we'll bail them out. There will be a cost to that that he ingnores.

He complains about being mislead by the media yet he is doing the same thing.

Again, I don't know if they are a net positive or not, but these issues are always deeper than a few bullet points in some click bait.

He is writing about the difference between now and the status quo ante. That is not cherry picking.

Your definition of click bait is different than mine.

Just now, LGR4GM said:

Trump wins then the same arguments continue. Same talking points on both sides probably more investigations.

Trump loses the other side makes accusations and investigations. 

I don’t think the divisions will stop when Trump is not the president. They didn’t start when he became president. I think we continue down this road until we hit a breaking point. 

27 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Trump wins then the same arguments continue. Same talking points on both sides probably more investigations.

Trump loses the other side makes accusations and investigations. 

I don’t think the divisions will stop when Trump is not the president. They didn’t start when he became president. I think we continue down this road until we hit a breaking point. 

Oh, yes I agree. 

Edited by LGR4GM

26 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Not war yet. Show of force. Apparently the front row seat we gave them for the last almost 20 years didn’t work. 

Oh good... another war. More military spending while the infrastructure here crumbles and dies. 

27 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Oh good... another war. More military spending while the infrastructure here crumbles and dies. 

Just wait. Might not be anything but a show of force in order to keep the Straight of Hormuz open or protect tankers in open waters. No point getting spun up just yet. 

14 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Just wait. Might not be anything but a show of force in order to keep the Straight of Hormuz open or protect tankers in open waters. No point getting spun up just yet. 

That's true. We do similar stuff in the South China Sea. Show of force to keep things open or maintain the status quo. 

• Like (+1) 2

The news is saying we have images of Iranian freighters carrying missiles. Meh. Not sure I’d cancel a trip to Europe to go to Iraq but ok. 

Same news talking about how Iran could destabilize Afghanistan. ? I guess GIRoA, Taliban, Haqqani Network, and Al Queda/ISIS will just share the land, opium, money, and power. 

Edited by SABRES 0311

I guess we play the waiting game in declassifying FISA docs. I wonder if May’s exit is just a coincidence. Then again this was teased s while back.

Edit:

Watching CNN and people are freaking out about this. I mean they are getting pretty worked up just by speculating what information is getting released. 

Edited by SABRES 0311

19 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I guess we play the waiting game in declassifying FISA docs. I wonder if May’s exit is just a coincidence. Then again this was teased s while back.

Edit:

Watching CNN and people are freaking out about this. I mean they are getting pretty worked up just by speculating what information is getting released. 

How could May and FISA be tied together at all?  She’s been on her way out of 10 Downing since the day she moved in.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

How could May and FISA be tied together at all?  She’s been on her way out of 10 Downing since the day she moved in.

Because the FVEY countries have already stated they do not want documents related to the investigation to be declassified. Now that it appears this will happen there is a chance some things that implicate her and her government will come to light.

52 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Because the FVEY countries have already stated they do not want documents related to the investigation to be declassified. Now that it appears this will happen there is a chance some things that implicate her and her government will come to light.

If you’ve been following the UK situation, you must know it has zero to do with this.

29 minutes ago, Eleven said:

If you’ve been following the UK situation, you must know it has zero to do with this.

From what I understand she said she is stepping down because of her inability to see the U.K. through BREXIT. She’s had this issue for a little while so I find the timing interesting.

3 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

From what I understand she said she is stepping down because of her inability to see the U.K. through BREXIT. She’s had this issue for a little while so I find the timing interesting.

She also was forced to give a step down date by her party; they wanted the deadline.  Cpuntry over party in many non US places.  There is no Illuminati thing going on here.

Edited by Eleven

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

She also was forced to give a step down date by her party; they wanted the deadline.  Cpuntry over party in many non US places.  There is no Illuminati thing going on here.

Went back through my posts. Couldn’t find where i mention illuminati. SMH.

Edited by SABRES 0311

18 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Talking down to people online is a hell of a trait. 

Well, this thread is about the master of that trait, after all.

But seriously, I'm not talking down to you.

Edited by Eleven

Remembering the Dixie Chicks today and the rightfully earned scorn they received after criticizing an American President while overseas.  There was alot of talk about the inappropriateness of airing our national laundry in a public way on foreign soil.

Remembering this because our President has committed the same faux paux, calling former VP and current Presidential candidate low IQ while on a diplomatic mission in Japan.

And the crowd critical of the Dixie Chicks have gone silent.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Weave said:

Remembering the Dixie Chicks today and the rightfully earned scorn they received after criticizing an American President while overseas.  There was alot of talk about the inappropriateness of airing our national laundry in a public way on foreign soil.

Remembering this because our President has committed the same faux paux, calling former VP and current Presidential candidate low IQ while on a diplomatic mission in Japan.

And the crowd critical of the Dixie Chicks have gone silent.

It's almost as if partisanship rules everything and incredibly few people have true ideological moorings, despite vigorous protestations to the contrary. 

45 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

It's almost as if partisanship rules everything and incredibly few people have true ideological moorings, despite vigorous protestations to the contrary. 

Shut up, you.  I'm trolling.