Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Any thoughts on Roger Stone arrest?

Also I see the senate failed again yesterday to end a pointless shutdown caused by an old POS not getting his way. 

If it walks like a criminal, and talks like a criminal, it's probably a criminal.

Roger Stone is a parasite. A mediocre wannabe mobster.

And like every one of these feckless dopes that are connected to the President, he's going to sing like a bird to save his ass from spending the rest of his life behind bars. 

No loyalty among thieves.

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Any thoughts on Roger Stone arrest?

Also I see the senate failed again yesterday to end a pointless shutdown caused by an old POS not getting his way. 

This. I was furious when I found out about Gov. Christie effecting thousands of people with his bridgegate thing (he absolutely knew about it). What Trump is doing now is so much worse, using people as pawns for political reasons. And his dumbass cryptkeeper commerce secretary, Wilbur Ross, criticizing workers for going to food banks instead of taking out loans so they can eat, just shows how disconnected these elitists are.

5 minutes ago, SwampD said:

This. I was furious when I found out about Gov. Christie effecting thousands of people with his bridgegate thing (he absolutely knew about it). What Trump is doing now is so much worse, using people as pawns for political reasons. And his dumbass cryptkeeper commerce secretary, Wilbur Ross, criticizing workers for going to food banks instead of taking out loans so they can eat, just shows how disconnected these elitists are.

Wilbur Ross is as awful as they come. Just an absolutely scumbag.

Really drained that swamp eh?

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

If it walks like a criminal, and talks like a criminal, it's probably a criminal.

Roger Stone is a parasite. A mediocre wannabe mobster.

And like every one of these feckless dopes that are connected to the President, he's going to sing like a bird to save his ass from spending the rest of his life behind bars. 

No loyalty among thieves.

The Circle of Collusion. Stone was either very arrogant or very stupid to think that his dealings with “Organization 1” would not see the light of day...

22 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Didn’t you hear? Donald has the answer. We all know the grocery stores support the shutdown. They like selling less goods and making less money...

They apparently know every furloughed worker too and will be more than willing to float them some food and let them pay for it later...

This was an old trick I employed as a child to avoid eating certain veggies...If you spread a little of the suffering out on everyone else’s plate then it doesn’t look like so much suffering...

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

yes but the voting was a key indicator as there were 6 republicans who crossed party lines and voted for the "non-wall" end the shutdown bill. It is getting close to the tipping point where Trump loses his own party and the shutdown ends...

...probably with basically the same terms as what was agreed upon in December before Trump squashed the original funding bill.

14 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

yes but the voting was a key indicator as there were 6 republicans who crossed party lines and voted for the "non-wall" end the shutdown bill. It is getting close to the tipping point where Trump loses his own party and the shutdown ends...

...probably with basically the same terms as what was agreed upon in December before Trump squashed the original funding bill.

Rumors are that this 1:30 presser from Trump will be him caving.

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Rumors are that this 1:30 presser from Trump will be him caving.

The rumors seem to be accurate. His press conference says there is an agreement in place and the shutdown is over. 

No news yet on what the terms are but I expect they don't include anything that Trump was holding the nation hostage for.

Also in the last few weeks I have realized how unreadable fox "news" has become. Everything is brutally biased and anti democrats. I mean I get bias but dear lord it is easily bordering on propaganda. 

Anyways. It's a 3 week temporary thing. There won't be enough money for the border wall Trump wants and he will call an illegal National Emergency. To quote Doctor Strange:

9 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Give me the winning lottery numbers, please. 

I mean, Trump's capitulation was inevitable right? Anyone who knows anything would never have taken it this far. The only reason this even happened is because he literally had no idea that shutting the government down would actually have this affect.

The best part is he already took responsibility for the next shutdown!

It'll never happen though. He's going to do like he did with the ACA and just shuffle on to the next awful thing he wants to try. He doesn't have the guts to shut the government down again and get served another L so he'll just pretend like the whole thing never happened. 

41 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Give me the winning lottery numbers, please. 

Damn, I wasn;t thinking it would happen today.

I saw report earlier today that airline traffic on the east coast was snarled due to lack of ATC's and thought to myself, this is how it gets done.  No way business execs tolerate this any longer.

27 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I mean, Trump's capitulation was inevitable right? Anyone who knows anything would never have taken it this far. The only reason this even happened is because he literally had no idea that shutting the government down would actually have this affect.

The best part is he already took responsibility for the next shutdown!

It'll never happen though. He's going to do like he did with the ACA and just shuffle on to the next awful thing he wants to try. He doesn't have the guts to shut the government down again and get served another L so he'll just pretend like the whole thing never happened. 

Sure, I just didn't think it would be so sudden. I figured he'd dig in for another week or so and there would be leaks indicating he was going to cave to test the waters of his base. Well, that's what a competent administration would have done, anyway. 

I think the bigger thing is he legitimately doesn't know how to negotiate without leverage. This is the first time since he took office that he didn't hold all the cards, and he just behaved as though he did. It's not going to get any easier for him, though I suspect he won't change his approach at all. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Sure, I just didn't think it would be so sudden. I figured he'd dig in for another week or so and there would be leaks indicating he was going to cave to test the waters of his base. Well, that's what a competent administration would have done, anyway. 

I think the bigger thing is he legitimately doesn't know how to negotiate without leverage. This is the first time since he took office that he didn't hold all the cards, and he just behaved as though he did. It's not going to get any easier for him, though I suspect he won't change his approach at all. 

I don't think he knows how to negotiate at all.  He's been all or nothing on pretty much everything I can think of.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Weave said:

Damn, I wasn;t thinking it would happen today.

I saw report earlier today that airline traffic on the east coast was snarled due to lack of ATC's and thought to myself, this is how it gets done.  No way business execs tolerate this any longer.

Pretty much. Not to mention his own administration said there could be 0% growth this quarter if the government remained closed. 

• 3 weeks later...

This guy is a lying narcissist. He blames everyone else for his mistakes and faults. This speech on the National Emergency is actually insane. It sounds Hitler like and I am not being facetious. 

Demonizes other groups, says if you don't like him or his policies your aren't American or a Patriot. Just completely autocratic. 

Edited by LGR4GM

Seen one reporter quoting him as saying he didn't have to declare an emergency. He just wanted to get it done faster.

How can a person get so far and show that level of stupid. Courts should eat him alive, but I have little faith. By the time it gets played out he may have stacked another 1 or 2 judges on the court

4 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

Seen one reporter quoting him as saying he didn't have to declare an emergency. He just wanted to get it done faster.

How can a person get so far and show that level of stupid. Courts should eat him alive, but I have little faith. By the time it gets played out he may have stacked another 1 or 2 judges on the court

Politics is like hockey. We mostly only get to see the final product. Sometimes we get a behind the scenes view like watching a practice. Sometimes we hear rumors of things and then run wild with them. But what actually happens on the busses, planes and locker rooms we don’t. 

Do you notice a trend? The government said WMDs were in Iraq and look how that turned out. Then we get told ISIS is the JV team but now they are such a threat, although now smaller in numbers and fire power, that we shouldn’t leave Syria. Now we get told we need a wall by one side and Russia Russia Russia by the other. That’s all in less than the last 20 years.

Edited by SABRES 0311

On 2/15/2019 at 10:57 PM, drnkirishone said:

When you ask that question, take into account how these people get into their positions to begin with.

As unpopular as an opinion as it seems to be, the American people are too easily influenced into believing misinformation. Either they are the one's who are too stupid or they are too distracted to be be informed enough. Either way, it leads to blind partisanship. This blind partisanship, combined with people's in ability to admit their own mistakes, leads to excuse making rather than owning their role in the situation.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, LTS said:

When you ask that question, take into account how these people get into their positions to begin with.

As unpopular as an opinion as it seems to be, the American people are too easily influenced into believing misinformation. Either they are the one's who are too stupid or they are too distracted to be be informed enough. Either way, it leads to blind partisanship. This blind partisanship, combined with people's in ability to admit their own mistakes, leads to excuse making rather than owning their role in the situation.

This is what I’m talking about in my last post and a few others. People who want power want voters to think right versus left. This keeps them distracted so they don’t think big picture. 

Some people we elect are genuine I hope. But cmon, look at the majority of them. This isn’t the best America has to offer. News flash, you don’t need someone else to decide how you live your life and feelings do not mean more than facts.