Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

32 minutes ago, LTS said:

The whole MSM thing is really bugging me lately.

I've begun looking for news sources that have no real basis in the US to see how things differ.  Of course I'm not sure that the same public mind manipulation isn't being utilized in every media market.  Certainly not so much left vs. right as in the US but more pro/anti US.

Same here. Alternative sources only help to a point. I watched Glen Beck a bit and I like his history lessons and how he relates past to present/future.

22 hours ago, RambosKnife said:

Same here. Alternative sources only help to a point. I watched Glen Beck a bit and I like his history lessons and how he relates past to present/future.

The problem is Glen Beck is a part of the machine.

MSM external to the United States and not focused 90% on reporting US "news" is likely to be less corrupt.  Less corrupt, but still corrupt in some ways.  There's little doubt that French news stations will be painting a certain picture of the US to help French politics, as would other countries.

The real problem is that no one really reports the truth, they report their interpretation of the truth.  It's damn near impossible to get an unbiased opinion on events that occurred. At some point an editor has to make a decision about what facts are in or out.  That's the bias point even in the most non-biased reporting.  It doesn't help that the US population no longer wants to spend more than 15 seconds absorbing information.

Can you distill it to 140 characters? How about a meme? An emoji?

We're back to hieroglyphics for communication.  Insane.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:28 PM, Alkoholist said:

Impeaching him would be the absolute stupidest thing the Democrats could possibly do in the House. He won't get removed from office (good luck getting 2/3 of the Senate to vote to remove him when more than half of them are GOP members) and it would only serve to galvanize his base for the 2020 elections.

2 things here, I am not a Democrat so I don't care if it is dumb for their political party. Donald Trump does not serve the US, he serves himself and it will takes years to fix what he has already done. 

The other is actually getting the GOP to grow a conscious. They won't because they are making money and are power. They can push their agenda almost without consequence. Therefore Trump will never be impeached. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

2 things here, I am not a Democrat so I don't care if it is dumb for their political party. Donald Trump does not serve the US, he serves himself and it will takes years to fix what he has already done. 

The other is actually getting the GOP to grow a conscious. They won't because they are making money and are power. They can push their agenda almost without consequence. Therefore Trump will never be impeached. 

He could easily be impeached (it only takes one member of the House to call for it and a simple majority to do it) but it's a complete waste of time if there's no chance he'll removed. Impeachment would do nothing but rally his base. 

On 11/25/2018 at 2:56 PM, LGR4GM said:

Some of these words are a little all over the place, even if I think I agree with some of the ideas here.

Edited by Eleven

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-05/total-market-pain-is-worst-since-1972-as-investor-anxiety-mounts

Market statisticians are falling over each other in 2018 to describe the pain being felt across asset classes. One venerable shop frames it this way: Things haven’t been this bad since Richard Nixon’s presidency.

Ned Davis Research puts markets into eight big asset classes — everything from bonds to U.S. and international stocks to commodities. And not a single one of them is on track to post a return this year of more than 5 percent, a phenomenon last observed in 1972, according to Ed Clissold, a strategist at the firm.

In terms of losses, investors have seen far worse. But going by the breadth of assets failing to deliver upside, 2018 is starting to look historic.

Bad fiscal policy triggers inflation, which triggers an increase in interest rates across the globe, which triggers historically bad market projections.

Go figure.

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 11:31 AM, Weave said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-12-05/total-market-pain-is-worst-since-1972-as-investor-anxiety-mounts

Bad fiscal policy triggers inflation, which triggers an increase in interest rates across the globe, which triggers historically bad market projections.

Go figure.

This is the time to buy if you can afford it. I've been watching my 401k balance drop steadily since late September/early October despite contributing 5% of each paycheck along with a 5% match from my employer. Yeah, it can be frustrating in the moment as your literally watch your hard earned money vanish like a fart in the wind but putting money in now gets you more shares per buck because they are worth less. When the market rebounds you'll have more shares since you bought them relatively cheaply.

If I could afford to, I would increase my contribution instead of just putting in the amount that maxes out my employer match, I just can't afford to at this time. I need a promotion or a significant merit raise to make that possible.

Edited by Alkoholist

On 12/8/2018 at 11:31 AM, Weave said:

Go figure.

Getting tired of all this winning. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

So the stock market is in free fall. All the adults have abandoned the Trump administration and Mexico isn't paying for *****. We are suddenly pulling out of Syria and Putin is happy about that and Mueller has cooperation from most of Trump's former people. 

... should be an interesting 2 years.

• Like (+1) 2

The fall from grace for Donny is going to be such good schadenfreude. He's already lost it mentally. Wait till one of these many investigations into the plethora of crimes he and the people in his orbit have been up to reveals that he's actually not rich. Melania is going to leave him and he's going to go full Big Lewbowski. 

21 hours ago, darksabre said:

The fall from grace for Donny is going to be such good schadenfreude. He's already lost it mentally. Wait till one of these many investigations into the plethora of crimes he and the people in his orbit have been up to reveals that he's actually not rich. Melania is going to leave him and he's going to go full Big Lewbowski. 

What is "full Big Lebowski"?  (And yes, I know the movie by heart and I've even been to a Lebowski-themed bar in Iceland; it had a bowling lane for a wall and the stools were done up to look like bowling shoes.)

On 12/22/2018 at 12:24 AM, darksabre said:

Condemning someone before trial is great until it’s you. If you think the POTUS is bad consider what the alternative was.

On 12/22/2018 at 7:59 AM, Santa Claus said:

What is "full Big Lebowski"?  (And yes, I know the movie by heart and I've even been to a Lebowski-themed bar in Iceland; it had a bowling lane for a wall and the stools were done up to look like bowling shoes.)

Well, he was already stealing money from the foundation to maintain his wealth. So I guess the only thing left is for him to lock himself in seclusion.

On 12/25/2018 at 12:03 AM, SABRES 0311 said:

Condemning someone before trial is great until it’s you. If you think the POTUS is bad consider what the alternative was.

lol

Edited by darksabre

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2018 at 12:03 AM, SABRES 0311 said:

Donald Trump is bad. I don't think it, I know it at this point. 

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Just stop.

Why? I didn’t disagree about your opinion on Trump. You don’t get that rich without either low balling others or getting involved in illegalities. But you gotta admit Obama and Hillary are scumbags. Look at Bush W. That guy suckered us into Iraq. 

To make my position clear I am glad HRC is not president but I do not agree with everything Trump wants or that he is a saint. I  think the average liberals have some good points but progressives are laughable. 

All anyone says is how bad of a job the other guy is doing but rarely do you hear how their guy would do it better. But hey if we are too busy arguing with each other it doesn’t leave much time to argue with those we elect which probably benefits them. 

Just now, SABRES 0311 said:

Why? I didn’t disagree about your opinion on Trump. You don’t get that rich without either low balling others or getting involved in illegalities. But you gotta admit Obama and Hillary are scumbags. Look at Bush W. That guy suckered us into Iraq. 

To make my position clear I am glad HRC is not president but I do not agree with everything Trump wants or that he is a saint. I  think the average liberals have some good points but progressives are laughable. 

All anyone says is how bad of a job the other guy is doing but rarely do you hear how their guy would do it better. But hey if we are too busy arguing with each other it doesn’t leave much time to argue with those we elect which probably benefits them. 

I'm not sure I agree that that you don't agree with Trump. But bringing up Obama or Hillary is irrelevant and pointless to the discussion.

And Obama was not bad. He may be the best president in my lifetime. He pulled us out of that dumbass Bush's economic downturn that was only bested by THE GREAT DEPRESSION. People were getting thrown out of their houses. It was bad.

And for all the grousing about government overreaching and the dreaded regulations, all we saw under him was record corporate profits and continued economic growth (as well as more people moving to Mexico that from it).

Trump is poison. He spews more lies and than any president before him. The wall is about hate and racism. nothing more. The country will be better when he is gone.