Captaincy

Billssabres33

I prefer not to have Jack named Captain. Being named Captain usually ends up bad for the player named Captain for the Sabres for one reason or another.....I prefer we name him SBC..For Should Be Captain. Then we can have two NGETBC. Not Good Enough To Be Captains.  ?

The longer this game goes on, the more annoying it becomes.  Just name a captain.  Every fricking team has a captain, there's a reason for it, whatever.  If the "C" is "no big fricking deal" then just name a guy and get it done with.  WTF.

2 hours ago, ... said:

The longer this game goes on, the more annoying it becomes.  Just name a captain.  Every fricking team has a captain, there's a reason for it, whatever.  If the "C" is "no big fricking deal" then just name a guy and get it done with.  WTF.

I was actually looking at the list last night and this isn't true - 8 teams still don't have captains, plenty of them are going to roll without one, including the team that lost the cup finals last year. I don't think it's a big deal if Jack is still really working at his game and they want him focusing on that rather than leading for another season or two. 

5 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I was actually looking at the list last night and this isn't true - 8 teams still don't have captains, plenty of them are going to roll without one, including the team that lost the cup finals last year. I don't think it's a big deal if Jack is still really working at his game and they want him focusing on that rather than leading for another season or two. 

Dahlin will make a better captain in the long run, he has better leadership traits than Eichel.   

If they name Eichel captain now, there is no chance Dahlin ever gets the "C" in his career.

Go with assistants for now and see which player ultimately takes on that role. 

1 minute ago, pi2000 said:

Dahlin will make a better captain in the long run, he has better leadership traits than Eichel.   

If they name Eichel captain now, there is no chance Dahlin ever gets the "C" in his career.

I'm fine with this too. 

I really don't care about the letters at all - if a player that should be C isn't leading properly because he doesn't have the C then that guy shouldn't have been the C anyway eh

3 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

I think this makes sense.

17 hours ago, pi2000 said:

This isn't necessarily true. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.