Dahlin Signs his ELC

Brawndo

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I've actually been very good at keeping my emotions in check since, about, April, for reasons I won't get into detail with here. I had a revelation or two. 

What it is is the IBS 

And the night of the ROR trade doesn't count, that was 99% theatrics 

Irritable Brain Syndrome?  ?

I think you should stop analyzing things and move to Hollywood. 

Also.. I'm joking with you.

3 hours ago, LTS said:

And yet.. if you look at the BMI matrix...

185 is smack dab in the ideal weight for 6'3.

23.1 in fact.

The real question is how much his mass is bone versus muscle at this point.  My guess, being Scandanavian, is that he has higher bone mass.  So he will put on muscle mass as he begins his workouts.

I was 6'3 185lbs my senior year in high school.  

I believe that BMI index is not based on professional athletes. 

54 minutes ago, Sakman said:

I believe that BMI index is not based on professional athletes. 

Definitely not.  Muscle is denser than fat, so people with low fat percentage and high muscle mass will be healthy but appear overweight by the BMI measure.  I'm the opposite- I'm basically a skinny guy with a beer belly.  When I've lost the way, it came from the belly and I was still a skinny guy... but when my BMI is in the Normal range, that's when I feel best.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Derrico said:

BMI might be one of the worst metrics out there to determine ideal weight.

The BMI chart in my doctors office has me overweight/borderline obese. I wear 30” waist. I also know people around my height with 36” very fit waist.

Can’t someone just be muscled?  The worst thing about it is some people read these things and judge themselves by it, but the people who really need to pay attention to it don’t care anyway. 

As for Dahlin, he’ll be fine.

I'm more along the Gilbert Perreault build, 5'10" 205. He's a couple of years older though.

I watch quite a bit of junior hockey and the majority of 17-19 year olds are built like Dahlean.

I am sure he'll fill out near 200 in a year or two. He will have the puck a lot so the opponents will have to catch him and then try to overpower him. He'll be fine.

13 hours ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Ask Pekar if he's strong, didn't Dahlin bowl him over at the Tourny for cheap shoting him? He'll be just fine and is already our best Dman.

That's actually the point I made earlier:  When you're tall it isn't so much how *strong* you are, it's how you use the leverage you've got.  That check on Pekar was a perfect example.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doohickie said:

That's actually the point I made earlier:  When you're tall it isn't so much how *strong* you are, it's how you use the leverage you've got.  That check on Pekar was a perfect example.

It's a great sign though since you can't teach toughness (ask Tyler Myers) so to see it in Dahlins game at his young game is pretty awesome and I agree totally about leverage.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Nope. 

The point is, being that light at 18 makes sense. If he is that light at 22, well then we have issues. 

Absolutley, I'm not worried about him. 

I was more just adding a comment as the whole tread turned into tall people and their weight ? I figured I'd add a short person and his weight in for fun (me)

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.