Guidelines for Club Operation

LTS

Here's how I would like this to operate.

Whomever is selected to help admin the club will work by these rules:

• Moderation Guidelines
    • What may be deleted - 
      • If you post anything that is extremely derogatory towards a forum member.
      • If you post anything that is considered hate speech.
      • If you post anything that is racist or uses racist terminology.
      • If you use derogatory slang to refer to a group, movement, etc.
    • What may be censored -
      • Whatever the board already censors

My personal belief is that we all live by our words. You write them, post them, you live by them.

My encouragement is to make the posts useful and provide supporting material.  It promotes discussion. Anyone can disagree without providing substance but it doesn't promote discussion and a forum, by its very nature, is a medium to promote discussion.

Good stuff LTS. I don't think we'll need to over-moderate anything here. 

Having separate Topics/Threads is going to be really helpful. Anyone trying to troll/derail thread topics should be easy to call out. The old Politics Megathread seemed to engender itself to trolling and sh*tposting. 

19 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I think it would be cool to have a thread with a link to a good political compass/isidewith so we can share where we fall. 

Get on it.... ?

P.S. Good Capitol Rags include Rollcall.com and theHill.com

Also the economist.com

In addition much information on Bills and their outlooks and general background on arguments for and against are published by the congressional research service or http://www.loc.gov/crsinfo/  Much of it is made public.  In addition the General Accounting Office and the Government Printing Office (GAO.gov and GPO.gov) has copies of laws.  Finally the congressional record is a great resource as well.

To figure out intent, though non-binding, it is helpful to read the conference report of legislation passed, especially appropriations bills because they actually list the line items of expenditures.  

Doing so helps to weed through the rhetoric to see what was actually done v what politicians say was done.