Sabres Fan in NS

3rd Place and Final Winners  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who win 3rd Place

• Belgium
    • England
  2. 2. Who wins the Final

The first topic is very topical ?

We are without any matches until July 6th, when the Quarter Finals start.

There have been a few surprises thus far and that will likely continue.

So, who does everyone like in the Quarter Finals?

July 6th ... Uruguay and France in the early match.  I like France, but would not be surprised if it's Uruguay.

July 6th ... Brazil and Belgium in the late match.  I like Brazil ... sorry Huck.

July 7th ... Sweden and England in the early match.  I think Sweden will win, but would not be surprised if England pulled it off.

July 7th ... Croatia and Russia in the late match.  Putin not withstanding, I think the hosts will be eliminated.

Edited by N S

8 hours ago, N S said:

Added a poll.

Not sure if it makes sense, but you guys should be able to figure it out.

+++++ NOT A FAN OF POST MERGING +++++

Can I ban ubkev?

That guy is already not playing nice.

?

What'd I do?

6 hours ago, ubkev said:

What'd I do?

You know what you did.  

11 hours ago, Briere48 said:

Doesn't look good for Uruguay to have Cavani vs. France. Huge loss there.

Oh man.  He was their best chance.  He went off against Portugal.  What is the issue?  Maybe they are just playing it up?

4 minutes ago, N S said:

Nothing really.  Just playing.

It was very amusing that you voted in the poll right after me ... the exact opposite of my votes.  What were the odds? 

Really? I had no idea. And it seems no one agrees with me on Russia.

2 hours ago, ubkev said:

Really? I had no idea. And it seems no one agrees with me on Russia.

Well that's because Russia is typically not a name we recognize as a World Cup power team. I think they are overachieving riding the home fans energy. They were on the defensive a lot in the Spain game.

2 hours ago, sabills said:

Winner of this match wins the Cup, at least that's my bet.

That's my thought as well. I think it is another Brazil year.

10 hours ago, Samson's Flow said:

Well that's because Russia is typically not a name we recognize as a World Cup power team. I think they are overachieving riding the home fans energy. They were on the defensive a lot in the Spain game.

That's my thought as well. I think it is another Brazil year.

It's not unprecedented.  South Korea rode the same inexplicable wave in 2002.  

I really think Belgium pulls this off.  

Just finished Belgium-Brazil on delay.  The right team one.  And lest I tempt the ire of the Football Gods (and common decency), may I say a small prayer for a career ending injury for Neymar between now and the next World Cup.  As long as he's big fishing in the small pond that is the French league and I don't ever have to see it it's fine... but oh dear lord the diving...

it'd fitting if someone finally does a Shawcross on Ramsey for him... 

Our counter attack was lethal first half, 2nd half Brazil really put some pressure on us and we barely got out.    Hazard got fouled a few times though.

But Neymar was to slow often, and loved the look on the referee's face when he dived again.

We got a bit lucky and Courtois really saved our ass yesterday.    France will be another tough opponent but we can score from all sides.

We got 9 players that scored a goal, so they have to watch out for everyone.    France is a very good team though.

On the other side of the bracket Croatia is the team to beat, I told everyone two weeks ago, Belgium - Croatia final would be epic.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like (+1) 1

This England team reminds me of Germany in 2002.  Not good at all, lucky in who they're getting to play.  A better team than Sweden scores after opening them up down the middle repeatedly.  We'll see if Croatia (barring any Russian meddling) can finally be the wall they hit.