Eichel switching to #9 (OFFICIAL)

Hoss

Eichel changes to 9  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Which number do you prefer for Eichel?

Seen a lot of this rumor going around.

First time I saw it was from Lou Billitier, owner of Chef’s Restaurant. He’s got a history of getting a few things like this right and has connections to the teams through his restaurant.

Anybody hearing anything more on this?

Edited by Hoss

That would be really bizarre. Only two players I can recall doing that were Kobe and LeBron, and they did it for, well, let's just say different reasons 

What about our very own Alexei Zhitnik going from #4 to #44?

If true, a lot of fans with #15 jerseys are gonna be pissed.

Why? Is having a jersey that existed in time a problem?

Some of my favorite jerseys to see out in public are Tim Connolly #18. Take pride in owning those kinda artifacts.

I'd be pretty pissed honestly.

Why? Is having a jersey that existed in time a problem?

Some of my favorite jerseys to see out in public are Tim Connolly #18. Take pride in owning those kinda artifacts.

I don't own one so not a problem for me either way. It might be cool to own two...one for when the team sucked (#15) and one for when they finally get good (#9). I just think it would upset some people who identify Jack with #15 and have spent money for his jersey, kids especially. Maybe I'm wrong.

Eh, will be mildly bummed if it happens, but not going to lose any sleep over it.

Back in the travel by train days, players switching numbers was very commom (or do PA'd heard at the retirement home ;)). Sleeping berths were assigned by sweater number, so if you wanted a good one, you needed a low #.

A lot of Sabres (& other NHLers) still changed #'s in the 70's as teams rarely used any numbers in the 30's except for goalies.

Far less common now w/ everything from 1 - 98 available league wide, but Rip did still keep a bunch of young guys looking for "real" numbers themselves.

To be fair, Jordan's number change was at the end of his career, right? LeBron's and Kobe's were in their prime

No, Jordan's #45 was when he came out of retirement from baseball. So literally right in the prime of his career. LeBron's made sense at least with the team swap. The only truly bizarre one was Kobe; and I'll always think of Kobe as #8.

No, Jordan's #45 was when he came out of retirement from baseball. So literally right in the prime of his career. LeBron's made sense at least with the team swap. The only truly bizarre one was Kobe; and I'll always think of Kobe as #8.

Jordan won 3 Finals with #45?

I dunno. As someone who has an original 15, I wouldn't hate an excuse to get a jersey without the pit stains :lol:

I have a brand new, autographed....aw never mind time to heal.   :beer:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.