UPDATE: Sam Reinhart signs 2-year extension -- $3.65MM per year

dudacek

I would guess an 8yr deal would put him at or above that 6.25aav. I think he scored 38pts in his last 43 games. That's roughly a 72.5 point pace over 82 games. You probably figure in reality that he comes in below that total but 6.25aav for say 65 points is pretty good. Would be 7.8% of your cap. Eichel is currently getting 12.5% of the cap in his first year of the new deal. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

I would guess an 8yr deal would put him at or above that 6.25aav. I think he scored 38pts in his last 43 games. That's roughly a 72.5 point pace over 82 games. You probably figure in reality that he comes in below that total but 6.25aav for say 65 points is pretty good. Would be 7.8% of your cap. Eichel is currently getting 12.5% of the cap in his first year of the new deal. 

I don't think they use teammates' percentage of cap as bargaining chips, they use other contracts signed around the league by similar players. It won't matter what Jack had signed three years ago, it'll matter what the 60 point winger signed for in the offseason two seasons from now.

The contract that bears watching is Hertl’s in San Jose.

He’s two years older and two years more experienced. He got 5.6 over four - two RFA years and two UFA years.

Sam’s worst season is 42 points. Hertl’s best is 46.

3 minutes ago, dudacek said:

The contract that bears watching is Hertl’s in San Jose.

He’s two years older and two years more experienced. He got 5.6 over four - two RFA years and two UFA years.

Sam’s worst season is 42 points. Hertl’s best is 46.

It's amazing how good Reinhart actually could be. 

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I think I'd roll the dice and offer him the 8 year deal at $50 million. If he takes it, great. If he balks I'd possibly push it up to a max of 8 years at $54 million ($6.75 million aav) but no higher. At that point I'd bridge him to a 2 or 3 year at $4+ million to get him into camp.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Nik Ehlers just signed for 7 years x 6 mil per in Winnipeg. Reinhart has produced less. I don't see why Reinhart should make a 6.25 AAV and will be disappointed if he gets that. 

53 minutes ago, dudacek said:

What do we think of a Sam, Kyle, Casey line?

Who plays left wing? Casey?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Who plays left wing? Casey?

Hell of a question. 

Probably, but I suspect Kyle is the best faceoff guy of the bunch.

As a sheltered 2nd line, they have the potential to create some offence.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Hell of a question. 

Probably, but I suspect Kyle is the best faceoff guy of the bunch.

As a sheltered 2nd line, the have the potential to create some offence.

Oh man. This has got to be true, right?

Ok, I need to see a line of: Mittelstadt - Okposo - Reinhart 

...The two would-be centres flanking the seemingly over-paid would-be winger who excels at Centre, ala 2017/18 Blake Wheeler?

Take my Early Bird price $200, Rogers NHL Gamecentre Live!

?

Edited by Thorny

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

If I see the word sheltered one more time I might do a backflip off the peace bridge. Also, Mittelstadt is a Center who will play center.

Just a trigger word, or you are OK with those three lining up against scoring lines?

Also, Casey played a fair amount of wing for the US national program. Sam Reinhart never played wing until he met Dan Bylsma.

15 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Just a trigger word, or you are OK with those three lining up against scoring lines?

Also, Casey played a fair amount of wing for the US national program. Sam Reinhart never played wing until he met Dan Bylsma.

Mostly true, but I distincly remember in his draft year hearing about how Sam played a fair bit Right Wing in junior. If I recall correctly, a couple draft sites even had him listed as a C/RW. 

https://www.matchsticksandgasoline.com/2014/6/13/5804992/nhl-mock-draft-2014-sam-reinhart-calgary-flames-nhl-mock-draft-2014

That is an article from Sam's draft year that mentions his ability to play right wing. Not the best example, but I thought the write-up on Sam as a prospect was very interesting, reading again now. A lot of what they talk about is really starting to manifest in the NHL, it makes me optimistic some of the other positive things mentioned - that haven't quite come to pass yet - still could be developing, given his age. 

Edited by Thorny

12 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

You can't figure out linemates by looking at a chart.  Is all about chemistry, meshing well, having a sense for where your linemates are on the ice.   A chart can't tell you that.   

I absolutely believe this.

Or rather, I believe this absolutely.
Edited by SwampD

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.