UPDATE: Sam Reinhart signs 2-year extension -- $3.65MM per year

dudacek

56 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Lindholm, who has better ES scoring and is a year older, just signed for 4.85m X6 years. Wonder what the impact on Reinhart is. 

Adam Henrique got a 5 year deal worth $5.825M per today, too.

He’s much older than both of these guys, but it’s interesting to see the range these guys get.

I think the best comparable is Scheifele , they have around the same amount of points in their ELC years.

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/mark-scheifele

If you can get him cheaper than this all good.   But I expect samson at around 8x6.  Bridge deal 3x5.

Edited by Huckleberry

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

if he produced in the first half like he did in the second then he would've earned somewhere in the 5x6 range.

He’s already earned that contract with his body of work to date.

Bo Horvat signed at 5.5x6 coming off a 52point 3rd season. Jonathan Drouin signed the same deal coming off a 53 point season. Sam had 50 and outproduced both of those guys over the term of his ELC.

Draisaitl scored 77 points in 82 games in the last season of his entry deal and signed 8 years at $8.5 per 

Sam’s pace over his last 39 games would have netted him 77 points.

Sometimes I dont think people pay attention to the actual market.

Edited by dudacek

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

gotta be a bridge... if he produced in the first half like he did in the second then he would've earned somewhere in the 5x6 range.

If he produced in the first half like he did in the second half he’d be looking at $7M at least. He would’ve finished with around 75 points.

12 minutes ago, dudacek said:

He’s already earned that contract with his body of work to date.

Bo Horvat signed at 5.5x6 coming off a 52point 3rd season. Jonathan Drouin signed the same deal coming off a 53 point season. Sam had 50 and outproduced both of those guys over the term of his ELC.

Draisaitl scored 77 points in 82 games in the last season of his entry deal and signed 8 years at $8.5 per 

Sam’s pace over his last 39 games would have netted him 77 points.

Sometimes I dont think people pay attention to the actual market.

?

I don’t see why Botterill wouldn’t be happy with a Drouin deal. 

He’ll be slightly overpaid if he remains a 50-Point scorer and buying two UFA years is probably going to balance that off.

Sam might be the one better off on a one-year bridge. He puts up 50 points again and signs a Drouin deal. He puts up 65 and he can probably get a Kane contract.

17 hours ago, dudacek said:

I don’t see why Botterill wouldn’t be happy with a Drouin deal. 

He’ll be slightly overpaid if he remains a 50-Point scorer and buying two UFA years is probably going to balance that off.

Sam might be the one better off on a one-year bridge. He puts up 50 points again and signs a Drouin deal. He puts up 65 and he can probably get a Kane contract.

Ehlers got 6 mil coming off 64 points. 

If Cheveldayoff can get Ehlers for that, I'd lke to see Sam get less considering he had less production. 

Edit: Re-reading your comparables, Drouin and Horvat at 5.5 seem reasonable. I pretty much just don't want Sam getting 6. 

Edited by Thorny

18 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If they haven't signed a deal yet, it means they're pretty far apart, yes?

Weren't the rumors this time last year that Eichel wouldn't sign an extension & somebody'd be offer sheeting him right about now?

Until thry reach mid-September w/ no signing, really not worried about it.

10 hours ago, sweetlou said:

Botts should either go 2 year deal at $4 per year or long term at 6 year at $5.5 per year.

Why a 6 year deal? That only buys 2 UFA years. We should lock him up for 8 or go with the bridge deal. I don't see the upside is signing him to just 6 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.