What does Botterill do with 3 2019 1st round picks?

WildCard

Action  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Read the thread title you caveman

• Trade all 3
    • Trade 2 of them (SJ and St.Louis)
    • Trade 2 of them (Sabres pick included)
    • Trade one of St.Louis or SJ
    • Use all 3 to pick in 2019

I think a lot of the answer to this will make or break the RoR for a lot of posters. So, what do you think Botterill's plan is for these picks?

Edit: How do I make the votes public?

Edited by WildCard

He keeps one and trades the lowest as a part of a package for a winger in the 22-25yo range

I actually like this idea. 

I know I'm raging about the ROR trade, but I can both continue to be angry and still get excited about the coming season with other moves. 

Watch him trade them both for Max Pacioretty :lol:

I think he'll trade at least one. He may trade two. He'll keep at least one. 

I think Ottawa, a team that is about to lose Karlsson and has no 2019 1st round pick, would be an ideal trade partner for one of those picks. A first for a prospect of some kind. Or a prospect and taking Okposo as a cap dump. 

I could see swapping one of the 2019 firsts for a 2020 first just to spread things out a bit. 

He has a lot of options. Those extra picks are great tools. 

Are there other teams that don't have a 2019 1st next year that might want one?

This is exactly what I want. But that trade with how you described it doesn't happen until next summer

Not necessarily, there were conditions placed on the 1st in the Kane Deal. The Jets got to the higher of the Minnesota and St Louis First Rounders, Botterill can put similar conditions on these picks

I think he'll trade at least one. He may trade two. He'll keep at least one. 

I think Ottawa, a team that is about to lose Karlsson and has no 2019 1st round pick, would be an ideal trade partner for one of those picks. A first for a prospect of some kind. Or a prospect and taking Okposo as a cap dump. 

I could see swapping one of the 2019 firsts for a 2020 first just to spread things out a bit. 

He has a lot of options. Those extra picks are great tools. 

Are there other teams that don't have a 2019 1st next year that might want one?

Pageau Pageau Pageau Pageau 

Well let me put it to you like this. Would you trade Guhle for a late 1st? Teams aren't trade NHL-ready players on ELCs for late 1st round picks.

Unless you are Fenton and are already on record saying you would like to shake up your core namely Nino, Zucker and Coyle. What does Nylander or McCabe or one of those firsts or a combination of those get you?

Unless you are Fenton and are already on record saying you would like to shake up your core namely Nino, Zucker and Coyle. What does Nylander or McCabe or one of those firsts or a combination of those get you?

If we could get Nino and Zucker for  a combination of 3 lesser assets I would renounce everything bad I've ever said about jason

Being the shutdown C in Boucher's world is not a glamorous job. The guy can play.

I want speed and offense though, not more slow guys that can contain someone else and not really do anything extraordinary offensively 

I want speed and offense though, not more slow guys that can contain someone else and not really do anything extraordinary offensively 

I might be conflating players and have to change my mind, but I'm pretty sure Pageau is fast.

And I'm not saying he'd solve our problems, I just pictured addressing our bottom six by things like that Armia trade, plus one like it for a Pageau, rather than using Ryan goddamn O'Reilly

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.