Fire Jason Botterill

IKnowPhysics

I disapprove on balance of the job he's done here. If we are worse than a ~75 point team this coming season then he needs to be fired with no questions asked. If we are ~75-81 points, we're one more bad start to a season away from needing to move on. If above that, then let him keep doing his thing for now.

Edited by Randall Flagg

Here is a real GM. Botterill could learn a lot from him. He's got his entire core signed through at least 2021, and at a good rate. He hired a player's coach and not a teacher. He had the best record in the NHL after the All-Star game when the team got used to Boogie's coaching style. 

Buffalo fans are strong and supportive, but some can only wait so long. I've waited long enough. I lived in SoFL since the Panther's inauguration. Now my closest team is either the Hurricanes or the Preds.

I'll watch Sabres games, but it might be time to move on and follow somebody else. This is tiresome. 

So, here's my take, JBot inherited a backed up toilet of a team. he tried to flush it, but it just flowed over and made a bigger mess so he dug in and unclogged it, flushed the worst bits away and is now cleaning the bowl. The water should be flowing clear soon. 

Sometimes, a condemned outhouse can't be fixed with bits and pieces, it has to be torn down and rebuilt. 

• Like (+1) 1

So, here's my take, JBot inherited a backed up toilet of a team. he tried to flush it, but it just flowed over and made a bigger mess so he dug in and unclogged it, flushed the worst bits away and is now cleaning the bowl. The water should be flowing clear soon. 

Sometimes, a condemned outhouse can't be fixed with bits and pieces, it has to be torn down and rebuilt. 

how many times?

Three major decisions, he has not covered himself in glory. Housley, Kane trade, ROR trade. I think the word is now firmly out that Botterill is a soft touch in negotiations. How many strikes does he get? The answer — Jason knows for now it's beaucoup. He'll take full advantage of his situation, and that might even work out well for the franchise in 2023. Meanwhile, the Golden Knights look to defend their Western Conference title!

I think this is about what's happening. I'd take it a step further, though, and observe that JBOT has gone so far as to jack hammer into the basement floor and is laying new pipe, etc.

Meanwhile, the Golden Knights look to defend their Western Conference title!

The Knights certainly caught lightning in a bottle. Of course, they weren't cleaning up a mess that prior GMs had left behind, and they had the benefit of an expansion draft with very favourable terms.

I think this is about what's happening. I'd take it a step further, though, and observe that JBOT has gone so far as to jack hammer into the basement floor and is laying new pipe, etc.

The Knights certainly caught lightning in a bottle. Of course, they weren't cleaning up a mess that prior GMs had left behind, and they had the benefit of an expansion draft with very favourable terms.

What bigger mess is there than "You don't have a team"?

What bigger mess is there than "You don't have a team"?

Something something blank canvas something something clean slate.

The problem is that none of us wanted to see a second tear-down and re-build, and that's what we're getting.  Maybe he's right to do it; maybe not--but none of us wanted to see it.

Whatcha want versus whatcha need, innit?

He should definitely be fired. I hate his basket of lesser pieces approach. Trading a 27 year old 1B center for 2 30 year olds at roughly the same cap hit and futures. him.

I don't care if O'Reilly demanded to be traded, the guy had a great contract, he was in his prime, and his contract ended before any serious decline would be able to set in. He should have at least been able to land a top 4 RHD in return.

TANK FOR HUGHES!!!

Bottttttts got us 3 x 1st round picks next year, maybe its me living in FL and seeing half naked girls on the beach all the time Idk but like i'm not that upset 

Are you my brother?  Pretty much everything you say matches up with him perfectly.  He never brought a tin foil Stanley Cup to any playoff games though, so I'm guessing you're not.

terrible trade hated it. Like the 1st rounder but that's it. A 2nd in 3 years cmon! another Gm in over their heads gets taken to the cleaners. Not sure how the national media thinks we have won this trade hands down. We got their 5th best prospect and 2 salary dumps. I wanted to trade o'rielly but I thought wed get something useful in the deal/ Even the 1st rounder is a crapshoot because itll be late. Ive had just about enough of this team

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.