Meet Tage Thompson

WildCard

My biggest concern with the Trade is that four players drafted in the First or Second Rounds from 2016-18 after him passed Thompson on the Blues Depth Chart(Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin and now Bokk) and he is the prospect that came back.

Botterill did say he is NHL Ready in his presser which is also concerning. Rochester would be good start for him.

Edited by Brawndo

My biggest concern with the Trade is that four players drafted in the First or Second Rounds from 2016-18 after him passed Thompson on the Blues Depth Chart(Thomas, Kyrou, Kostin and now Bokk) and he is the prospect that came back.

Botterill did say he is NHL Ready in his presser which is also concerning. Rochester would be good start for him.

I don’t think Bokk surpassed him within two weeks of being drafted. The Blues also offered us that first rounder in earlier talks, according to Rutherford.

I also think fans being concerned that the team views him as NHL ready just like the Blues did is strange. Two NHL staffs view him as NHL ready. Fans get so caught up in thinking they know better than those getting paid hefty salaries to know these things after decades of work.

Edited by Hoss

We also have no idea how JB ranked STL's prospects.  It's quite possible Thompson was his #1 (or #2 or #3 or whatever).

Tage Thompson and Danny O'Reagan are the two prospects Botterill got for Evander Kane and Ryan O'Reilly. That is...something

I don’t think Bokk surpassed him within two weeks of being drafted. The Blues also offered us that first rounder in earlier talks, according to Rutherford.

I also think fans being concerned that the team views him as NHL ready just like the Blues did is strange. Two NHL staffs view him as NHL ready. Fans get so caught up in thinking they know better than those getting paid hefty salaries to know these things after decades of work.

Let's not act like how much someone makes or that they even have a job in particular fields really means they know what they're doing

Tage Thompson and Danny O'Reagan are the two prospects Botterill got for Evander Kane and Ryan O'Reilly. That is...something

It's something -- true -- but it's something that we really don't know much about. 

Let's see how they do before we conclude that JB is a bozo.

I mean, these guys get fired all the time because they're bad at it, regardless of background in the sport. 

It's something -- true -- but it's something that we really don't know much about. 

Does anyone really have any faith in those two prospects being anything more than 3rd liners?

I agree we should give it time (particularly with Thompson...I'm pretty comfortable saying O'Regan is JAG). Just don't go all Hoss on us and say we shouldn't challenge Botterill because he's "in the game."

@Matt_Bove
Thompson said the #Sabres told him they have big plans for him @WKBW

@Matt_Bove
Tage Thompson says he wants to get stronger. Says he's a big power forward with a knack for making plays. Said he has a shoot mentality #Sabres

@GregVorse
#Sabres Thompson on being with younger team “I’m really excited.... I think it is a good fit for me, it’s a young team.” added “look to go out have fun, make mistakes, learn, and win”

Probably not, but I would think that the hope is that they are good to very good 3rd liners.  Every good team needs good players at every position.

It doesn't encourage me that the only top line talent Botterill has found thus far are two very obvious draft picks (Mittelstadt and Dahlin) whereas every other pick, prospect, or trade he's had has resulted in meh talent at best

@Matt_Bove
"I think I play better when there is more pressure and I'm relied on more" - Tage Thompson
Says he's excited to be a guy the #Sabres rely on to produce @WKBW

I have a strong feeling you're going to see Tage Thompson in our top 6 this year
Edited by WildCard

I agree we should give it time (particularly with Thompson...I'm pretty comfortable saying O'Regan is JAG). Just don't go all Hoss on us and say we shouldn't challenge Botterill because he's "in the game."

You are certainly right that the pros make mistakes on prospects all the time.  As I mentioned in the ROR thread though, I think there are many elements, both on-ice and off-ice, that are simply not visible to fans but that are visible to coaches and management.

It doesn't encourage me that the only top line talent Botterill has found thus far are two very obvious draft picks (Mittelstadt and Dahlin) whereas every other pick, prospect, or trade he's had has resulted in meh talent at best

Again, it's way too early to make this call.

Again, it's way too early to make this call.

Well then there's no point to discussing anything other than being apathetic towards everything until 5 years from now

Do you feel confident in at all in anything he's done outside of Dahlin and Mittelstadt? Our best prospects in Rochester this year are all a result of Murray. Every move Botterill has made has been about adding JAG after JAG after JAG.

Edited by WildCard

@ByMHarrington

Conference call with Tage Thompson...He says he's happy to get an NHL chance and not be "pigeon-holed" like he was in St. Louis, a veteran team that couldn't tolerate mistakes. Of #Sabres:  "They really have big plans for me here to play a lot and put up points.

Or we can conclude that FXGMJB is a bozo who has a fetish for turning quarters into two nickels and a slug.

@ByMHarrington

Conference call with Tage Thompson...He says he's happy to get an NHL chance and not be "pigeon-holed" like he was in St. Louis, a veteran team that couldn't tolerate mistakes. Of #Sabres:  "They really have big plans for me here to play a lot and put up points.

So...

Sheary - Eichel - Thompson

Berglund - Reinhart - Okposo

Rodrigues - Mittelstadt - Baptiste

Wilson - Sobotka - Girgensons

???

Hello Hughes? :unsure:

So...

Sheary - Eichel - Thompson

Berglund - Reinhart - Okposo

Rodrigues - Mittelstadt - Baptiste

Wilson - Sobotka - Girgensons

???

Hello Hughes? :unsure:

On a good team last year Thompson had 3 goals in 41 games, I hope we do better for Jack and Tage than this scenario. Tage  needs proper development and Jack needs ready players

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.