Trade: Ryan O'Reilly to St Louis Blues

CallawaySabres

Eichel was billed to be the savior but Dahlin may be the one to follow through.  I really want to believe the second half of last season was Eichel growing up.  Get a mature Eichel and already mature Dahlin mixed in with an ultra competitive Mittelstadt and let's friggen go.

I'm done with the cutsie double-rider bike rides coming into training camp. 

Edited by Derrico

After that little private skate with Housley, Eichel seemed to change. I wonder if Eichel is the reason Reinhart got better. Maybe they had a little chat. 

If there's any truth to that, I would be impressed.  It would point to Eichel truly taking on a leadership position and "owning" his position on the team.

Thanks for the warm welcome!  Looking forward to discussing the upcoming season with you.  Good or bad (hopefully good), I'm looking forward to seeing how all of the question marks on this roster will be answered.  Glad to be here!

it's bad form for the forum anointed 'official welcomer' to be late to the party, but ...

WELCOME!!

Reinhart got better after he stopped practicing with O'Reilly...

This is an interesting point.  It was around when PHam was whining about Reinhart not staying late to practice with ROR when he turned it around iirc.  Unless I'm misremembering the timeline.

I’m kind of surprised O’Reilly’s in-season benders hasn’t gotten brought up once in here. Maybe it’s because the media hasn’t brought it up much at all, but it’s pretty well known within the media.

Within the media, sure. But they won't report it.

I’m kind of surprised O’Reilly’s in-season benders hasn’t gotten brought up once in here. Maybe it’s because the media hasn’t brought it up much at all, but it’s pretty well known within the media.

I never heard about this honestly

Eichel was billed to be the savior but Dahlin may be the one to follow through.  I really want to believe the second half of last season was Eichel growing up.  Get a mature Eichel and already mature Dahlin mixed in with an ultra competitive Mittelstadt and let's friggen go.

I'm done with the cutsie double-rider bike rides coming into training camp. 

After that little private skate with Housley, Eichel seemed to change. I wonder if Eichel is the reason Reinhart got better. Maybe they had a little chat. 

Oooh, man. Now I'm getting fired up. LLLLLEEETTT'S GOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is an interesting point.  It was around when PHam was whining about Reinhart not staying late to practice with ROR when he turned it around iirc.  Unless I'm misremembering the timeline.

Interesting - I think that's right, actually.

When did Samson get slapped for the missed team meeting? Or was that during Hot Daniel's tenure?

"Benders," as in he drinks too much?

I inferred as much when he drove his fancy truck into a Timmy Ho's.

I never heard about this honestly

Like I said, the media wont report it. A lot of this stuff is kept quiet because the players and reporters kinda need to be friends. It's a symbiotic relationship and it's been this way for a looooong time in pro sports. There are certain things reporters just don't report about players. 

Don't be surprised if we never hear anything about it until well after his career is over. 

Like I said, the media wont report it. A lot of this stuff is kept quiet because the players and reporters kinda need to be friends. It's a symbiotic relationship and it's been this way for a looooong time in pro sports. There are certain things reporters just don't report about players. 

Don't be surprised if we never hear anything about it until well after his career is over. 

Well, what was it then? The guy just drank a lot on the road/during the season?

Basically. Recall his inconsistency. One game he'd look like he was in the best shape of his life, the next game he'd be skating in cement. Some players can get away with it. Many do. It's why you wont hear about it. 

Frankly, the guy has issues. 

Essentially. It didn’t impact him in the showing up drunk sorta way, but there were definitely stretches where he struggled and it was known to be during a stretch of drinking. I believe it was more during homestands than anything.

It was also well known that Reinhart and Risto specifically envied that lifestyle of essentially doing what you want when you want even if they never dove into it.

Basically. Recall his inconsistency. One game he'd look like he was in the best shape of his life, the next game he'd be skating in cement. Some players can get away with it. Many do. It's why you wont hear about it. 

Days gone by, I think many players did get away with it.

But the professionalization of the league's players on just about every level has made it much, much more difficult to do that -- unless, perhaps, you're getting a bump or boost from another substance to get you through a bad day.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Yuuuup. And it certainly got to a point where he’s somewhat capable of playing well while doing it but not often.

Essentially. It didn’t impact him in the showing up drunk sorta way, but there were definitely stretches where he struggled and it was known to be during a stretch of drinking. I believe it was more during homestands than anything.

It was also well known that Reinhart and Risto specifically envied that lifestyle of essentially doing what you want when you want even if they never dove into it.

Reinhart is more of a "stay up till dawn playing video games" kinda guy. 

Risto has definitely been known to party hard. 

People use to call Jim Kelly party boy, how did that turn out ?

Poorly.  He was calling plays while still drunk sometimes.

And I'm not sure Eichel is the party boy here.  O'Reilly has a reputation around bars in town.  Eichel doesn't.

I disagree. O'Reilly wasn't going anywhere. Botterill could have held out if he wanted to. Again, look at the Duchene example. I respect the need to make a change if it simply has to be done, but it doesn't have to be done instantly when a guy is under contract.

I'm with you on this.

Reinhart is more of a "stay up till dawn playing video games" kinda guy.

Risto has definitely been known to party hard.

Yea, I’ve just heard Reinhart thinks it’s impressive and “cool” but hasn’t attempted to replicate it.

If his posts on Instagram are any indication Mittelstadt is at least surrounded by kids who love to party hard. No idea how he is, but he’s also a college-aged kid so I don’t fault him.

I've brought it up once or twice.  It's something when you hear from liquor distributors that he's drunk all the time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.