ROR Watch - Who Is Our 2nd Line Center If ROR Is Traded?

GASabresIUFAN

ROR trade?????  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Will ROR get traded?

• Yes, and soon
    • Not before this coming season
    • At the trade deadline if the Sabres are out of it
    • After the 2018-19.
  2. 2. If Yes, to whom?

• St. Louis
    • NYI
    • Montreal
    • Boston
    • Other
  3. 3. Who takes over at 2nd C if ROR is traded

• Mittelstadt
    • Reinhart
    • FA like Bozak or Nash
    • Some acquired in trade such as??

What's happening is that ROR is going to St. Louis for Berglund, Thomas, and a 1st. The lines will be

Sheary - Eichel - Reinhart 

Riley Nash - Berglund - Okposo 

Mittelstadt - Thomas - Rodrigues as the sheltered kiddos 

Girgensons - Derek Ryan/Jay Beagle - Baptiste

Why would Thomas be the center over Mittelstadt?

No real reason, they can both play there to develop. 

I just put Mitts at LW cuz I watched him score 5 points in 6 games there. 

As opposed to Thomas who hasn't played 1 minute in the NHL and is 7 months younger than Casey. 

Thomas btw either has to play in the NHL or the OHL next season. 

As opposed to Thomas who hasn't played 1 minute in the NHL and is 7 months younger than Casey. 

Thomas btw either has to play in the NHL or the OHL next season. 

I'm not telling you why one or the other should play center, I don't care who does/think both should. 

I just explained why I put Casey at LW without thinking about it too much. 

1) Internal candidates: Reinhart and Mittelstadt

2) External FA: Bozak, Stastny

3) Another trade: Who is this year’s William Karlsson

Thoughts?

External FA who eventually gets replaced by Mittlestadt. but Stasny would never come here. Boznak is meh. I mean he's not a great #2 but if the job ultimately not his am okay with it yet I personally don't like getting rid of ROR unless we get a top 4 right handed Dman with a prospect or a proven top 6 forward.

Possible temporary stop gaps, Bozak or (my preference) Riley Nash.

Girgensens (or Reinhart) could also move back to center. We won't be strong at center, but you can't fix everything all at once. 

True.   However.   That's a step in the wrong direction.... this organization needs to stop taking 1 step forward 2 steps back. 

Lol Zemgus is nothing more than a 3rd or 4th line player at this point.

Remember when Rob let it slip that Girgensons is a big boozer? I wonder how many guys we have who don't want to take care of themselves. That's where the real culture change should start.

Remember when Rob let it slip that Girgensons is a big boozer? I wonder how many guys we have who don't want to take care of themselves. That's where the real culture change should start.

That's why kane went. He was helping Reinhart and Eichel down a path from what I was told. I think Bogo and his health are tied to more than just his play style. I'm glad dahlin is coming in now and I hope his mother stays the entire year. I'm also glad Ullmark is here to be a good influence too. Edited by Skurk Liger

That happened? I don’t recall it discussed here.

True.   However.   That's a step in the wrong direction.... this organization needs to stop taking 1 step forward 2 steps back. 

I agree.  That is why I am dead set against trading ROR.  We gave up a ton to get him.  We are paying top $ to him and for the most part he has performed as expected.  I look at the replacement options and I see no one that can do what he does in the organization or out that doesn't currently have major flaws and would be a step backwards for the team.

For example:

Mittelstadt - Obvious talent but 6 games for NHL experience.

Reinhart - tried him at center last season and it failed.  Could it be different this time with different wingers and more responsibilities? Maybe, but he looks like a natural RW in the NHL.

Bozak - UFA, 32.  Excellent in the faceoff circle, decent playmaker, goal scoring seemed to slip last year. Really suited for 3rd line role at this point in his career. 

Stastny - UFA 32 Slightly better scoring option then Bozak.  Also good in the faceoff circle.  

Signing either Bozak or Stastny will probably require a 3 year deal, which makes us older and worse down the middle then what we have with ROR.  

That's just cause he's Latvian. When the Latvian team toured Canada a few years back the entire team was apparently out drinking almost every night. They down vodka like it's water. They need it to survive. 

I think it would be 2 steps forward and 1 small one back. 

ROR has to go. We can't know for sure he was part of the locker room problem, but no one here can be sure he wasn't either. Best to remove the possibility and see what Captain Jack can do.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.