TRADE: Matt Hunwick and Conor Sheary to Buffalo per Friedman

Brawndo

Very true :lol:

Still, I love Sheary, and people here are going to love this kid too. He played with Sid, he's young, fast and cheap...this will be Eichel's winger, and Eichel will love it. Plus, want a locker room guy? Well, here ya go

What does this have to do with Sheary?

Just a thought as the forward ranks get improved. 

Thank god Moulson and Pommers come off the books next season

Moulson alone covers Sheary and Hunwick. Which is nice. 

Moulson alone covers Sheary and Hunwick. Which is nice. 

Other way around, Pommers alone does ;)

If my calculations are correct, JBots turned Kane into Sherry, O’Regan, Hunwick, and a first round pick?

Annddd now I love that trade

Had to move that 4th round pick, heard he and Eichel didnt get along and wasnt a good locker room guy....

Wonder of JBotts got a 'former Pens' discount in an agreement to help them out? This was a move they needed to make to help out their cap

Had to move that 4th round pick, heard he and Eichel didnt get along and wasnt a good locker room guy....

Wonder of JBotts got a 'former Pens' discount in an agreement to help them out? This was a move they needed to make to help out their cap

Ryan Stimson

I'm sure some will say Sheary "just played with Crosby" but if we look at that line last season (Crosby, Sheary, Hornvist), we see it was mostly Crosby and Sheary doing work. Botterill would be bringing him here to play with Eichel/Reinhart. You need skill to play with skill.

NHL network radio speculating that Pens going to trade for Skinner with the cap space.

Hunwick is another LHD. Is McCabe now on the market?

Hunwick is just a toss in. We'll get rid of him shortly

Skinner to the Pens makes sense. Not sure what they could offer them though that the Hurricanes would want

NHL network radio speculating that Pens going to trade for Skinner with the cap space.

Hunwick is another LHD. Is McCabe now on the market?

Somebody has to be on the block, we have like 20 LHDs on the roster

Hunwick is just a toss in. We'll get rid of him shortly

Skinner to the Pens makes sense. Not sure what they could offer them though that the Hurricanes would want

He's got a high salary for his abilities.  Not sure it will be that easy.  

Thanks for that.

Still not sure why Pitt dumped an affordable player that good.

To get rid of Hunwick's salary and make room for an FA signing.

+++ three pluses in my book and so it begins... now ROR trade becomes less likely. Get another winger this year and gotta doubt ROR goes anywhere till our Lord and Savior matured.

Hopefully ROR's attitude changes when he sees the upward progression of this franchise.  He can play!  He takes a lot of heat on this board from posters who'll be going nuts about him if he's happy to be here and producing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.