TRADE: Matt Hunwick and Conor Sheary to Buffalo per Friedman

Brawndo

With the encouraging start, I forgot the Sabres even had Hunwick.  Not sure what injury he has but it is obviously long-term.  Since he's a Pittsburgh guy, you think JBOT knew the injury was long term and would not be a factor for CAP purposes, thereby making the trade more palatable for Buffalo?  If it's a career-ending injury,, that would apply to next year as well.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:46 PM, dudacek said:

Sheary is small and quick, Okposo is big and strong, but they essentially bring the same thing: middle-six offence, forechecking, effort and turnovers.

You can win with guys like that in the right roles

Yup. The key is Skinner on line 1 instead of Sheary, and therefore Sheary on line 2 instead of Girgensons. Many more of our skaters appear to be in their actual proper spots this go around and the benefits of that aren't negligible. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/10/2018 at 6:38 PM, SwampD said:

I've been underwhelmed by Sheary. He falls too much.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:39 PM, WildCard said:

I love Sheary

I agree with both of these sentiments.  Sheary is a flawed player in terms of ability (and size), but the just doesn't quit.  I don't want a whole team of Shearys but he's been a valuable part of the team thus far.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:10 PM, Tondas said:

With the encouraging start, I forgot the Sabres even had Hunwick.  Not sure what injury he has but it is obviously long-term.  Since he's a Pittsburgh guy, you think JBOT knew the injury was long term and would not be a factor for CAP purposes, thereby making the trade more palatable for Buffalo?  If it's a career-ending injury,, that would apply to next year as well.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:20 PM, dudacek said:

It’s been clandestine enough I am starting to doubt whether he is even real.

No one has ever seen him in Buffalo, correct?

He doesn't exist.  He's like the Samsquantch.

On 11/10/2018 at 7:38 PM, SwampD said:

I've been underwhelmed by Sheary. He falls too much.

He needs to sharpen his skates, for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.