Alex Nylander Watch

darksabre

Nylander in 2018-19  

67 members have voted

1. 1. How far does Nylander go this year?

• Plateau season for the Amerks
    • Better season for the Amerks
    • Occasional call-up to the Sabres
    • Significant ice time for the Sabres
    • Other

Oh yeah?

Matt-Moulson.jpg

"Hold my beer!"

You sure about that?

LW #1 AHL stats from last season -

49 games played

18 goals

28 assists

46 points

LW #2 AHL stats from last season

51 games played

8 goals

19 assists

27 points

Guess which was #1 & #2?

That Nylander's harshest critics have always been the people who watch him the most has worried me greatly.

It should. The light switch needs to go on now. He's stil young but at some point, that will be a crutch he'll no longer have.

I expect he’s officially labeled a bust at the end of this season

I voted more optimistically, but this is probably the most likely.

Though if Casey turns into a bonafide all star , then I'd rather take one star and one bust at consecutive pick 8s than 2 middling players.

Skill wins out. He starts producing in the AHL and earns a call-up.

I’ve always disliked him as a player, but I strongly want him to prove me and all those armchair experts wrong.

The number of good NHLers who failed to make the NHL before they turned 20 is really, really long.

I’ve always disliked him as a player, but I strongly want him to prove me and all those armchair experts wrong.

The number of good NHLers who failed to make the NHL before they turned 20 is really, really long.

Tell that to Yakupov and Linus Omark

I think I’ve seen his “skill” only a handful of times in actual game action. He’s a practice all star. He doesn’t appear all that skilled against other professionals. Hard to when you never have the puck and lay in the weed along the perimeter.

I think I’ve seen his “skill” only a handful of times in actual game action. He’s a practice all star. He doesn’t appear all that skilled against other professionals. Hard to when you never have the puck and lay in the weed along the perimeter.

Right. He looks awesome stickhandling in warmups. Game-Nylander is like Ville Leino or something.