Don't look now but...

Tony P

:( ...I really don't like it. Jersey is skating well and plays a tough style of hockey that is difficult for the Sabres to cope. If Brodeur gets hot, he can be like a stone wall.

I know you're supposed to be careful what you wish for but I'd rather take my chances with Esche and Philly in the first round and let someone else deal with the Devils.

:( ...I really don't like it. Jersey is skating well and plays a tough style of hockey that is difficult for the Sabres to cope. If Brodeur gets hot, he can be like a stone wall.

I know you're supposed to be careful what you wish for but I'd rather take my chances with Esche and Philly in the first round and let someone else deal with the Devils.

Ditto

yup, now they're 2 points behind philly and it is getting uncomfortable

Philly has a game at hand and they play each other one more time so it's up to philly to get it done because if they fall to 6th, then they'd have to play the rangers and maybe they don't want to do that.

i hear you guys, but you know what? we get who we get. if it makes THAT big of a difference that we're fretting and fussing over which team is too tough for us to beat in the first round, maybe we're not a serious contender anyway?

i've thought all along that ony of the other 7 teams could knock us out anyway, so i don't think it matters so much.

yup, now they're 2 points behind philly and it is getting uncomfortable

Philly has a game at hand and they play each other one more time so it's up to philly to get it done because if they fall to 6th, then they'd have to play the rangers and maybe they don't want to do that.

I think they actually have 2 more games. NJ also has another game against Montreal who is chasing them. Philly's next game is against Pittsburgh, so let's hope they can win that one.

if we have to be scared of the devils, then we don't deserve to talk playoffs at all. I'd rather play philly in round one since we've had their number, but if the devils take the #5 seed, then bring on the trap. I'm not afraid of them..

Hey, if the flyers drop to #7 and the sabres move to #2...

if we have to be scared of the devils, then we don't deserve to talk playoffs at all. I'd rather play philly in round one since we've had their number, but if the devils take the #5 seed, then bring on the trap. I'm not afraid of them..

Hey, if the flyers drop to #7 and the sabres move to #2...

Personally, I don't care which team we play. I think a lot of us, myself included, have discounted how good the Flyers can be. I don't think we say that at 100% all year and Forsberg in the lineup makes a huge difference. Either way, just gaining playoff experience for these guys will go a long way for this year and the years to come.

On a side note, and hopeleslyobvious will agree, that there is nothing more disheartening then living out in NJ when the Devils are in the playoffs. I remember their Cup run a few years ago and I could walk through most bars in this NJ town I live in and most did NOT have the Devils Cup games even on tee-vee! Conversely, it was so much fun to be in Bufffalo during that Cup run b/c everywhere you went people were in to it.

...oh yeah, and they playing the most BORING hockey in the world!!

Personally, I don't care which team we play. I think a lot of us, myself included, have discounted how good the Flyers can be. I don't think we say that at 100% all year and Forsberg in the lineup makes a huge difference. Either way, just gaining playoff experience for these guys will go a long way for this year and the years to come.

On a side note, and hopeleslyobvious will agree, that there is nothing more disheartening then living out in NJ when the Devils are in the playoffs. I remember their Cup run a few years ago and I could walk through most bars in this NJ town I live in and most did NOT have the Devils Cup games even on tee-vee! Conversely, it was so much fun to be in Bufffalo during that Cup run b/c everywhere you went people were in to it.

...oh yeah, and they playing the most BORING hockey in the world!!

Devils hockey is the most boring in the world!!! This is only the second playoffs that I will be in Joisey, so I can't really comment as much as you can.

If we get a Sabres Devils first round match up, are you going to be going to the games? I think we need a strong showing!

The Devils scare me. The Flyers, not so much. Go Flyers!

The Devils scare me too. Their style totally kills ours, and they have enought offence to score.

But, i think we can take them, we might lose the 1st two, but then adapt and win the next 3, lose another and then win and take the series 4-3...

Have we faced the Devils this year with Peters, Mair and Gaustad all heathy and hitting this year?

I don't want the Sabres to face Brodeur in the 1st round. It's all about match-ups. You all know how important that is in football, well it is in hockey too. No line on Philly can be counted on to take away the Briere line for a series. But, New Jersey's Madden and Gionta can.

The confidence is there against Philly, and lack of confidence is there against NJ.

That means a lot, just ask the Sens who couldn't beat the Leafs farm team when play-offs start.

I don't want the Sabres to face Brodeur in the 1st round. It's all about match-ups. You all know how important that is in football, well it is in hockey too. No line on Philly can be counted on to take away the Briere line for a series. But, New Jersey's Madden and Gionta can.

The confidence is there against Philly, and lack of confidence is there against NJ.

That means a lot, just ask the Sens who couldn't beat the Leafs farm team when play-offs start.

I don't really want to open against NJ either. More because I don't like falling asleep during hockey games :P

Just looking at the Devils now...Do you think they're peaking too soon? They've won 7 in a row now...They are going to come down sooner or later. I think they are going to cool off a bit before the playoffs start.

What kind of effect does everyone think the schedule will have on Brodeur? He plays an awful lot of games and he didn't have an Olympic break. I think the lack of break is going to effect all of the Olympic goalies, but some more than others. I think Lundqvist is going to be effected, but because of his age, not as much as a Brodeur.

Finally, while I don't like the prospect of opening against the Devils (because of our record against them this year, and our struggles against the trap), I think if we are healthy we can be successful over a 7 game series. Sure Madden and Gionta can contain the Briere line for a series, but with the way that this team has been producing up and down the lineup, the other 3 lines should be able to step up and provide some offense.

yeah, jersey can shut us down, but not all of us and not all game. we've got too many good lines. we've also got the special teams edge, and that would probably be the difference in the series. and if ryan miller is at his peak, he can play with brodeur, i seriously believe that.

j

yeah, jersey can shut us down, but not all of us and not all game. we've got too many good lines. we've also got the special teams edge, and that would probably be the difference in the series. and if ryan miller is at his peak, he can play with brodeur, i seriously believe that.

j

The officiating might be a big part of that series if it happens too. Our special teams don't do us any good if our PP doesn't get on the ice.

The officiating might be a big part of that series if it happens too. Our special teams don't do us any good if our PP doesn't get on the ice.

Try "will". The refs calling the game the way "it's supposed to be called in the new NHL" tremendously favors the Sabres. The refs calling the game the way the 1st Devils game was called will make it extremely difficult for the Sabres to fully use their speed and will totally render their advantage on the powerplay useless.

Devils hockey is the most boring in the world!!! This is only the second playoffs that I will be in Joisey, so I can't really comment as much as you can.

If we get a Sabres Devils first round match up, are you going to be going to the games? I think we need a strong showing!

I heard there was a decent group of fans at the last regular season game, right? I skipped that one b/c I hate attending games there, but will definitely have to go if there is a playoff game! I'm sure we could easily get tickets together, but we will have to find a way to rally the local NJ/NYC

Sabre fans. A LOT of people that followed the Bills through the NYC Bills Backer Club got behind the Sabres and got a couple of good group outings going...

I heard there was a decent group of fans at the last regular season game, right? I skipped that one b/c I hate attending games there, but will definitely have to go if there is a playoff game! I'm sure we could easily get tickets together, but we will have to find a way to rally the local NJ/NYC

Sabre fans. A LOT of people that followed the Bills through the NYC Bills Backer Club got behind the Sabres and got a couple of good group outings going...

Are you in contact with any of them? That would be pretty cool if they did something similar for the playoffs.

Are you in contact with any of them? That would be pretty cool if they did something similar for the playoffs.

yeah, there is one or two guys that I speak with regularly. I will definitely let you and the board know if something comes it. I woul not be surprised if we could buy a block of tix to the Devils game.

It's been a good year. Exciting hockey for the most part. Those of you with the center ice package or access to a lot of games, watch the ones that matter now.

I've been watching some of the western confernce teams in the play-off hunt. So far, the reffing has been ok for the most part. I'm seeing a few signs of the old NHL creeping in, but it's not too bad.

yeah, there is one or two guys that I speak with regularly. I will definitely let you and the board know if something comes it. I woul not be surprised if we could buy a block of tix to the Devils game.

That would be awesome. I was there on opening night for Sid's first NHL game. Good times... if you like your hockey arena feeling like a shopping mall.

Devils won again and Flyers are having trouble with Penguins. I predicted the Devils would over take the Flayers. Damn! I mean I'd love to beat the New Jersey team because I hate them. But what a boring, frustrating team to play against. It's not entertaining to watch at all. It sucks. It's like watching the sabres play in quicksand. That 7 game series against Ottawa when Plante scored in OT was no fun for me. Philly at least scores goals and gives them up. It's fun to watch. Oh well.

Archived