Crusader1969

2019 NHL Draft

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I would rather this happen. I understand that some fans would prefer to roll the dice on the  on them having a Top 5 Pick in 2020, but there is too much talent in the Blues Organization for this to be a realistic possibility. Grab Lavoie or Newhook 11-15 this June and move on. 

a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

I would rather this happen. I understand that some fans would prefer to roll the dice on the  on them having a Top 5 Pick in 2020, but there is too much talent in the Blues Organization for this to be a realistic possibility. Grab Lavoie or Newhook 11-15 this June and move on. 

LAVOIE!!

😎

TSN's Craigs list - 

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-hughes-stays-ahead-of-kakko-after-world-juniors-1.1237475

Surprises for me

1) Kaliyev at 9 - seems to be a 1 trick pony but its a pretty good trick - scoring goals. Still not completely sold on him though, doesnt seem to be a very dynamic player

2) Turcotte at 28 - he's been injured but still seems low   has 10 points in the 10 games he's played.

3) Spencer Knight at 15 -  still seems high for a goalie, even though he is an excellent prospect. Wouldn't mind if the Sabres used one of their picks , if in the 20s on him.

Edited by Crusader1969

Newhook in the 20's? Sign me up. 

I wouldn't draft a goalie in the first. I would take one in the 3rd or 4th. Ukko Luukonnen seems to be a great prospect and I'd rather wait on goalie because they can be found outside of round 1.

If the Sabres walked out of the draft with Turcotte, Newhook, and Hoglander... that would be awesome. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

Spencer Knight at 15 -  still seems high for a goalie, even though he is an excellent prospect. Wouldn't mind if the Sabres used one of their picks , if in the 20s on him.

I would make that pick, as high as 15. If not, Colten Ellis in the 2nd round. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

. If not, Colten Ellis in the 2nd round. 

That might be a little hard for the Sabres this year 

Just draft a goalie in the 3rd. 

• Like 1

Oh do we not have a 2nd rounder? I never keep track. So ya, you never know, we might have one before the draft. or we trade down with the late first from SJ or who knows. I just want another young goalie in the system and both of those guys seem promising. 

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Oh do we not have a 2nd rounder? I never keep track. So ya, you never know, we might have one before the draft. or we trade down with the late first from SJ or who knows. I just want another young goalie in the system and both of those guys seem promising. 

We traded our 2nd this year to Carolina for Jeff Skinner. I am fine with drafting a goalie. Just pick one not from NA and you can get a good one in the 3rd. Technically if we trade Hunwick or Sheary gets 20goals or 40 points we lose that 3rd round pick but that seems unlikely. 

38 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We traded our 2nd this year to Carolina for Jeff Skinner. I am fine with drafting a goalie. Just pick one not from NA and you can get a good one in the 3rd. Technically if we trade Hunwick or Sheary gets 20goals or 40 points we lose that 3rd round pick but that seems unlikely. 

I always thought the condition about trading Hunwick was weird.  Why would anyone in Pitt or Buff care about re-trading Hunwick and moving his salary to someone else?  

22 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I always thought the condition about trading Hunwick was weird.  Why would anyone in Pitt or Buff care about re-trading Hunwick and moving his salary to someone else?  

I have no idea. 

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I think its just the fact both him and sheary were salary dumps we got very cheap.   They wanted to keep Crosby happy and sign his buddy JJ.

Guess they didn't want to look completely stupid if we traded any of them for a 2nd round pick.

I always wondered if Rutherford had an inkling the Sabres might have had a Hoffman to San Jose up their sleeves.

7 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Pittsburgh was hoping to get a bit more than they actually got.  They suggest those conditions and Buffalo laughs and says "sure, what the hell".

i guess on the silver lining is that if the season ended today, the Sabres would be picking 15th and 10th (depending on Blues keeping the pick)

Would be able to draft at least 1 high end Center and either a 2nd Center or Top rated D prospect with the 2nd pick.

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

He is strictly a winger?

Yes. Big RW.

He will be a good one.

10 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Yes. Big RW.

He will be a good one.

As long as they get a Center with the 1st pick, a guy like Lavoie would be a good pick up for them. Need all the talent they can get.  

The D in the 10-20 range are all LHD besides Soderstrom and Honka (some people love Honka but im not sold) so I'm going forward with both picks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crusader1969 said:

As long as they get a Center with the 1st pick, a guy like Lavoie would be a good pick up for them. Need all the talent they can get.  

The D in the 10-20 range are all LHD besides Soderstrom and Honka (some people love Honka but im not sold) so I'm going forward with both picks.

What happened to BPA?

I like the reviews I've seen on Peyton Krebs and definitely could see him available at one of our picks.

Does anyone have any "insider" info on him? You know, like the old....."my sister's boyfriend plays in a bar league with a guy who knows a girl that dated him in 3rd grade and her BFF Tweeted...."

• Haha 1