Lose for Hughes

pi2000

With the 2018 draft in our rearview mirror, it's time for us, Sabres Fans, to turn our attention to the 2019 draft and start thinking about what BUF needs to do to secure the best odds in the Jack Hughes lottery.

Let's face it, Buffalo isn't winning the Cup this season. So it would be a disservice to try and finish anywhere but dead last as Jack Hughes is truly a once in a lifetime generational talent... not counting McDavid, Eichel and Matthews... and maybe Dahlin.

So rev up your tank engines Sabres Fans and let's get this party started!

IMO, the first step should be trading ROR.. better yet if they get a likely lottery pick in return. Moving him would open up a huge hole in the lineup, losing a PK and PP centerpiece, and faceoff genius. Nobody else can do those things as well as him. Probably good for about 10-12 additional losses with him out of the picture.

Then sign a journeyman goaltender and make him the starter. Bury Mittlestadt, Guhle and any other promising young guns in Roch the entire season.

That should be enough for another last place finish... I'm ready.

What in the ...

Have we not put up with this crap for long enough?

This one is satire, but you know if the team isn't looking like it'll make the playoffs come January, there will be some calls on here for exactly this.

If were going to lose do it properly, finish dead last. We did and we got Dahlin for our troubles and it should change our landscape. I might be in the minority but I still think Ryan O'Reilly is part of the problem, his attitude seems to be piss poor and he's supposed to be one of our leaders.... Get a goal scoring winger for him and a pick, put Reinhart back at C where he belongs imo.

If were going to lose do it properly, finish dead last. We did and we got Dahlin for our troubles and it should change our landscape. I might be in the minority but I still think Ryan O'Reilly is part of the problem, his attitude seems to be piss poor and he's supposed to be one of our leaders.... Get a goal scoring winger for him and a pick, put Reinhart back at C where he belongs imo.

Were you the caller who complained ROR beard because he doesn't deserve a playoff beard?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.