2018 - 2019 Sabres Prospects

GASabresIUFAN

43 minutes ago, SwampD said:

What does it matter? pi was still right to be mad. He even used the term lightening in a bottle back then. Just because they actually might have doesn't make him wrong for actually just wanting an actual NHL player at the time.

For me it’s the talking out both sides of one’s mouth and claiming it isn’t so. 

I wasn't upset that we signed Pilut.  I was thrilled.  I have been advocating for more D depth for years. I wrote:

Why is this any different then signing a 22 year old recent college grad? Our organization depth on D is lacking because of our failure to draft and develop D. This move just helps bridge that gap until Jbot refills the pipeline. If he ends up making the team great. If not, not.

Personally I think he makes the team this season. Beating out Nelson and Baloo shouldn’t be that hard.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

What does it matter? pi was still right to be mad. He even used the term lightening in a bottle back then. Just because they actually might have doesn't make him wrong for actually just wanting an actual NHL player at the time.

Idk if he was “right to be mad.” Players sign a ton of players every offseason. If they signed him and came out and said that Pilut was the only defensive move they’d be making that’d be justification for anger, but they didn’t. Rochester needs players and plenty of Euro free agents have turned into legitimate players.

Being angry for wanting an NHL player at that time would be like screaming how you need toilet paper in the cereal aisle. Relax, we’ll get there. And if we don’t be mad then.

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Look at the date on the posts. May 16th. Hockey was still happening. The time for trades, signings, and the draft was still over a month away. The Sabres ended up adding about ten NHL players in the offseason when it was actually time to do so. That they actually started making roster moves in May was quite frankly a bonus. Especially adding the defenseman of the year in the SHL to the organization for nothing but money.

Pi doing that would be like my sister kicking and screaming that she didn't get any Christmas presents...on October 23rd. It was so bizarre that it stuck in my memory and was easy to go find again

Edited by Randall Flagg

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

My guess is Sobotka is still on IR for now.  Tenneyson likely goes down once Sobotka is healthy

When did he get added to IR?  He was initially listed as day to day.

Maybe Sobotka got placed on IR today?  Sabres website still shows him active & Larsson on IR.  (Soooo useless, that site is.)

28 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I actually feel bad for doing that, because god knows what people can drag up from my posting history. 

Haha don't feel bad!   I'm a big boy, I can handle it.    

I'll say this... yeah, I may have been upset when they signed him, but after watching him play I'm actually pretty excited for his future.      Watching him play reminds me a bit of Brian Campbell.  

55 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I actually feel bad for doing that, because god knows what people can drag up from my posting history. 

I could kill a week pulling up old gotchas,... and all I'd have to do is search the term "Bylsma."?

• Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Haha don't feel bad!   I'm a big boy, I can handle it.    

I'll say this... yeah, I may have been upset when they signed him, but after watching him play I'm actually pretty excited for his future.      Watching him play reminds me a bit of Brian Campbell.  

Who are you and what have you done with Pi?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

My guess is Sobotka is still on IR for now.  Tenneyson likely goes down once Sobotka is healthy

I don't think Sobotka was ever on IR.

My guess would be that Bogosian got moved over to IR. Seems to be the furthest from returning. 

Edited by Thorny

4 hours ago, Taro T said:

When did he get added to IR?  He was initially listed as day to day.

Maybe Sobotka got placed on IR today?  Sabres website still shows him active & Larsson on IR.  (Soooo useless, that site is.)

Yup, it still has Malone listed on the active roster, and we know he went to IR. Hunwick, also on IR, is missing from the site entirely. 

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

I could kill a week pulling up old gotchas,... and all I'd have to do is search the term "Bylsma."?

That's the work I'm most confident in, actually ?

I was a member of this board at age 16 and I can't imagine any of that stuff aging well lmao 

Edited by Randall Flagg

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Didn't we once try and start a Sabrespace version of old takes exposed? It didn't get any traction. Either people take the idea of being wrong on the internet too seriously, or it's too much work to dig up the old takes. Probably more of the latter. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Didn't we once try and start a Sabrespace version of old takes exposed? It didn't get any traction. Either people take the idea of being wrong on the internet too seriously, or it's too much work to dig up the old takes. Probably more of the latter. 

"Reinhart sucks now, trade him." - Thorny

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I just don't like to dwell in the past. I'd rather focus on the mistakes I'm going to make in the future.

And seeing as the NHL is showing no signs of reverting back to those close checking, more physical games, I'm sure my take on Johan is one of them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.