#117, Linus Lindstrand Kronholm (LHD)

LGR4GM

Based on what?  There's almost nothing out there about this player.

That's why I am unimpressed. If you are going to go off the board entirely save it for later. They did the same thing last year for a defender too. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

That's why I am unimpressed. If you are going to go off the board entirely save it for later. They did the same thing last year for a defender too. 

So?  I want them using their mid to late round picks to try to find diamonds in the rough.  Plus, they have the rights to European players longer so they can wait and see with them while Dahlin and Samuelson will be in the NHL immediately and quickly, respectively.

So?  I want them using their mid to late round picks to try to find diamonds in the rough.  Plus, they have the rights to European players longer so they can wait and see with them while Dahlin and Samuelson will be in the NHL immediately and quickly, respectively.

Ya, it looks like the theme will be to pretty much avoid the CHL entirely in favour of College commits and Europeans who are under team control for longer.

Time will bear out how successful of a strategy that is.

There were players I liked better available. I don't have to like every thing the Sabres do. 

Cole Fonstad for example

:rolleyes:   Because that's what I was saying? 

By the mid-point of the draft, I'm happy to trust the European scouts over the consensus 4th rounders that maybe we've heard of from 4-sentence scouting blurbs.

How do know he's not a diamond in the rough?  The fact he's already in the rough potentially qualifies him.

How do know he's not a diamond in the rough?  The fact he's already in the rough potentially qualifies him.

I think we're agreeing.  I do think this could be a diamond in the rough player and that's basically what I want the Sabres to be looking for in the mid to late rounds.  Using a 4th round pick on a consensus 4th round pick with a low ceiling doesn't appeal to me all that much.  Everyone's chances get slim by the 4th round anyway; go ahead and draft someone that isn't on the national rankings but that your scouts saw multiple times and were high on.

That said, I was probably the only one on the board that was intrigued, not horrified, by the Laaksonen pick last year.  So who knows?  

GoPuckYourself posted this on LLK in the draft thread, but I'll put it here too:

Big, raw, defensively solid, edgy defender who has seems to have gotten lost in the pile of high-end Swedish defensemen. Makes a hard first pass out of his end. No flash, just a really strong on his skates player who is really solid in his own end. Blocks shots, clears the front, and plays the body with regularity and some snarl. Is starting to show progress as an offensive zone player displaying a cannon from the back end. Has shown more confidence in jumping up in the play. Is more than willing to be a total team guy and stand up for his teammates. A sleeper who might surprise. 

I like Concept of LLK.

Edited by Robviously

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.