The 3rd Annual Great Sabrespace Meetup! Washington at Buffalo, 2/23/19, 1:00pm

darksabre

So now that the schedule is out, we have to pick a game.

Oddly enough, the last Saturday home game of the year is February 23rd at 1:00pm against the Washington Capitals.

This also happens to be my birthday. ?

Of course, there are also two Sunday home games in March against St Louis and Columbus that would be up for consideration...

Edited by darksabre

So now that the schedule is out, we have to pick a game.

Oddly enough, the last Saturday home game of the year is February 23rd at 1:00pm against the Washington Capitals.

This also happens to be my birthday. :D

Of course, there are also two Sunday home games in March against St Louis and Columbus that would be up for consideration...

Coincidentally, my birthday as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so I'm going to be out of the country for 10 days starting next week, let's make a decision on this thing.

We have two choices

A) Go through TW again; TW has been very accommodating, the seats are amazing (which I like because I like to make this event special), and it's a reputable source so we know what we're getting

B) Go through some sort of StubHub and get cheaper tickets; the tickets will be cheaper, but the seats won't be nearly as unique, and it will be much harder to get all of us in the same grouping

From the tone of my posts you can clearly tell which way I lean, but I'm willing to listen to all arguments. On Monday let's hold a vote, and wherever the majority leans, we'll do that. Sound good? 

As mentioned in the other thread, I'm good either way but would prefer to go through TW.  He's been very good to us in the past & if I recall correctly, he was on the fence about renewing his tix.  Our taking 8-20 tix off his hands might help him to not regret the decision to stay. 

I'm along for the ride... I won't know the hockey schedule until September.  So I will adjust to whatever, buy my own ticket, whatever it takes.  I can't commit to anything at this point, so my input on what game is unimportant.  ?

Hey sounds like a plan, I can probably do Saturday, its better for me sort because I'll probably drive up and stay with friends.  But I would need two tickets, one for me and one for my 14 year old.   Doubt my wife would let me go by myself.  LOL

I think the Washington game is the best bet.  The 1pm start allows for time after the game.

For some reason I can't explain, the St. Louis game seems like it might be something those in TW's ticket group might not want to give up.

And CBJ on a Sunday night at 6pm... that might as well be a weeknight game.  ?

So, I chimed in anyway.

Alright so it seems like at the very least, we're all in agreement for a Saturday afternoon game. There's two of these in February

February 9th, 1pm, vs Detroit

February 23rd, 1pm, vs Washington

Ones colder, worse team. Ones little warmer, better team. I'm good with either, just thought I'd throw both options out there

3 hours ago, tom webster said:

I appreciate the kind words but as I said before, it doesn’t have to be an either/ or thing. Pick a game, those of you who want my tickets, I will take care of, those of you who want to attend but don’t, can make your own arrangements.

Maybe I’ll even make it this year!

We can certainly split between, but IMO being altogether is much more fun. Plus, meeting in the concourse coming from the 300s to the 100s is harder than just all meeting from the 100s

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I can't do dat one, but that's fine. I haven't even looked to see if there's a home game during my break. Have fun everyone!

I'll bring an ipad and you can skype in

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Alright so it seems like at the very least, we're all in agreement for a Saturday afternoon game. There's two of these in February

February 9th, 1pm, vs Detroit

February 23rd, 1pm, vs Washington

I'd vote for Washington. It's also dark's birthday that day ? 

But I'd love to see Ovi. And i don't want to sit there feeling super conflicted watching Detroit. But if it means I get to stare at Zetterberg, I think I can handle it ? I just won't wear my Zetterberg jersey... 

Just now, josie said:

But I'd love to see Ovi. And i don't want to sit there feeling super conflicted watching Detroit. But if it means I get to stare at Zetterberg, I think I can handle it ? I just won't wear my Zetterberg jersey... 

Hate to break it to you, but a Detroit writer recently created a depth chart without ol' Zetterberg on there...some believe he's not coming back this year

1 minute ago, josie said:

Why would anybody care about you wearing a Zetterberg sweater to a Sabres-Caps game?  :p

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.