The 3rd Annual Great Sabrespace Meetup! Washington at Buffalo, 2/23/19, 1:00pm

darksabre

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Would like to join you, but already agreed to go with wife to our usual pregame lunch over at Union Pub (on Swan across from the ballpark).

Damned if i can remember what it used to be called, but that pub always got all of my pregame dollars pre-MMA.  Its a bitch getting old.

Just now, Weave said:

Damned if i can remember what it used to be called, but that pub always got all of my pregame dollars pre-MMA.  Its a bitch getting old.

Pat McGinty's for a seriously long time and then The Irish Times for a few more.  Been Union Pub for the last 3-4 years.

Ticket arrived today!  

I believe Eleven said nothing was booked afterward.  I know d4rk indicated he and Josie were going to hit the Beauts game at 5pm.  I'm intrigued by that concept, but it also means that I won't get back home to Rochester until much, much later... (assuming I stay out after THAT game).

I'm pretty much a passenger in this, so whatever works out.. I'm game.

2 hours ago, LTS said:

Ticket arrived today!  

I believe Eleven said nothing was booked afterward.  I know d4rk indicated he and Josie were going to hit the Beauts game at 5pm.  I'm intrigued by that concept, but it also means that I won't get back home to Rochester until much, much later... (assuming I stay out after THAT game).

I'm pretty much a passenger in this, so whatever works out.. I'm game.

Yeah, let's straighten this out.  What are we doing?

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

This is the only issue with 1pm games. Ideally I'd like to meetup beforehand

Of course, that first beer after the game is really nice too. ?

I'll manage to get some before and after.  I can't afford to drink during the game. ?

Alright I'll steer then.

Can we say definitively at the least that we want to meet after the game, not before it? Can we all vote on that first?

Next, there were a couple places thrown out there. Gabriel's Gate is the only one I remember, does anyone else remember other ones?

51 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Alright I'll steer then.

Can we say definitively at the least that we want to meet after the game, not before it? Can we all vote on that first?

Next, there were a couple places thrown out there. Gabriel's Gate is the only one I remember, does anyone else remember other ones?

We went to Cole's last year. It doesn't matter to me where we go.

I am up for meeting after the game. As much as I might be interested in a 2nd hockey game, I do need to return to Rochester at some point and a second game would push the issue.

10 hours ago, LTS said:

We went to Cole's last year. It doesn't matter to me where we go.

I am up for meeting after the game. As much as I might be interested in a 2nd hockey game, I do need to return to Rochester at some point and a second game would push the issue.

Sent you a PM.

18 hours ago, tom webster said:

It might not be ideal and kind of busy but if the second game is on the table then obviously 716 is in same building and Labatt House is just down the street 

I'd be interested in checking out the Labatt House.  Is it 716 pricey though?

716 costs some money from my  memory and it's usually packed, especially after/during a game. But I'm down for either that or the Labatt House. Let's decide today so we can make a reservation however

We're game for whichever people want to do.  I'll definitely have 2 heading to dinner, with an outside possibility of a 3rd.

716 costs some money from my  memory and it's usually packed, especially after/during a game. But I'm down for either that or the Labatt House. Let's decide today so we can make a reservation however

Anything is fine by me.  You all decide.

(716 is no more expensive than Cole's, BTW.)

2 hours ago, Eleven said:

Anything is fine by me.  You all decide.

(716 is no more expensive than Cole's, BTW.)

No?  I had a recollection that beer seemed to be a buck or two more.  Either way.. it's all good.  Whatever is the consensus works for me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.