Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

16 hours ago, Hoss said:

Great take. The Amerks were a playoff team last year as was Pilut’s SHL squad.

Sorry, I thought the LOL would show my sarcasm.

With people calling for HCPH's head and replacing him with Taylor because Housley didn't have them prepared for the 1st game, I thought it was interesting that the Amerks also seemed "unprepared" and lost their 1st game.

That being said....I'm all in on these guys making the big club, especially Pilut (love his game).

Edited by MakeSabresGrr8Again

So our new concession arrangement has removed 20 oz cups from the arena. Now only 16 oz at $8.50 a pop. I was able to get a 20 oz can of Genny for 9 bucks but certainly not my first or second choice. Also wasn't expecting the shakedown by security at the gate but I suppose it's necessary. They've made a barely tolerable arena experience slightly worse.  

As far as the on ice product, Nylander looks good. No one else stood out to me. Goaltending and defense need some work.  I saw a first last night. Zack Redmond lost the puck in his skates at the point on the PP. The whole arena was screaming at him to no avail. The Checker covering him pokes the puck out of his skates leading to a shorty. Thankfully I was with my family otherwise I would have shouted some regrettable stuff. 

Edited by inkman

20 hours ago, inkman said:

Get off my lawn!! ?

?

It wasn't that it was too loud really, it's that the speakers were so bad that the sound delivery wasn't efficient and clean.  So there were some very off putting frequencies blasting around the arena.  KBC has far better audio equipment, so it's loud but it doesn't kill your ears.

24 minutes ago, LTS said:

?

It wasn't that it was too loud really, it's that the speakers were so bad that the sound delivery wasn't efficient and clean.  So there were some very off putting frequencies blasting around the arena.  KBC has far better audio equipment, so it's loud but it doesn't kill your ears.

Not sure about any pain producing sounds but with my deafness and the sound I can't have a conversation in the arena unless there is zero noise, which is usually only during play. ?

Edited by inkman

5 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Again, this article states they don’t have a liquor license, but earlier in this thread you said that you bought a Genny. 

Color me confused. 

They definitely had beer everywhere Saturday night. Not sure what happened Friday. The Pegulas need to make sure it's getting addressed. To take over your home town team (Kim) and completely drop the bal...er...puck, is inexcusable. 

I was super excited when the Pegulas bought the Sabres and Amerks. I had season tickets for the first two years. It's stuff like this that remind me why I shouldn't get seasons. The arena experience should be a draw not a repellent. 

4 hours ago, stenbaro said:

Any thoughts on how O'Regan looks? 

I don't think he's been very noticeable. He's probably the 4th best forward on the team behind Olafsson, Nylander and CJ Smith. I guess it's nice to have improved depth. 

Justin Bailey has been abysmal. A team worst -3 with no points. 

8 minutes ago, inkman said:

I don't think he's been very noticeable. He's probably the 4th best forward on the team behind Olafsson, Nylander and CJ Smith. I guess it's nice to have improved depth. 

Justin Bailey has been abysmal. A team worst -3 with no points. 

Nother mental health issue? Or just sulking?

47 minutes ago, Amerks8796 said:

Probably sulking. He’s always has attitude issues. He was a healthy scratch in game 2 because he was so awful in the opener. He needs to get moved out of the organization for a better forward. 

Somehow I don't think that'll be a one for one swap. ?

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Keep watching the Sabres and thinking about how many pieces we need, then I realize we still have Asplund, Oloffson, Guhle, and Nylander down in Rochester right now. Not to mention three 1st round draft picks in 2019

Keep up the good work, Botterill

Don't you mean thank you Tim Murray? ?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Keep watching the Sabres and thinking about how many pieces we need, then I realize we still have Asplund, Oloffson, Guhle, and Nylander down in Rochester right now. Not to mention three 1st round draft picks in 2019

I’m not going to let people keep discounting CJ Smith. I think there’s something there with this kid.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

3 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Don't you mean thank you Tim Murray? ?

Botterill made sure to thank GMTM and his staff for getting some good prospects last year during his presser about Borgen Signing.

CJ Smith should be the first call up for the forwards 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.