Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

It says only games 3 and 4 are on TV (on their site).

Was so wrapped up in other things that I neglected to pick up $17 tickets to tonight's playoff game... oh well.. that's life.  I can't get my wife to let me go on Sunday.  Sigh.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, inkman said:

They lose this game the series is over. Fragile.  It's what they know. 

The fans were frothing at mouth even before they took the ice and all those poor folks got were goalposts and mouth farts.

Pilut and Olofsson are anti contact. They’ll never be Cup winners. They have zero heart.

Borgen, on the other hand, has an inner a-hole mentality that needs to be nurtured. 

4 hours ago, Ogre said:

The fans were frothing at mouth even before they took the ice and all those poor folks got were goalposts and mouth farts.

Pilut and Olofsson are anti contact. They’ll never be Cup winners. They have zero heart.

Borgen, on the other hand, has an inner a-hole mentality that needs to be nurtured. 

Both Pilut and Olofsson are cup winners by fact, i dont know what kind of bullsh it is poring out of your mouth but i guess it have something to do with frustration? 

Victor has more heart for the game than you do and still ur here trashtalking him, who are you? 

I

Edited by MODO Hockey
  • Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Both Pilut and Olofsson are cup winners by fact, i dont know what kind of bullsh it is poring out of your mouth but i guess it have something to do with frustration? 

Victor has more heart for the game than you do and still ur here trashtalking him, who are you? 

I

He didnt watch Olly when he was up... just ignore Modo, not worth the thumb action ? 

14 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

I

You’re acting like a child.

If you don’t agree with me then express it with more class.

I expect more from you.

6 hours ago, Gatorman0519 said:

As we have seen in the NHL, the playoffs are a completely different animal with a different mindset.  You have to have a warrior mentality.  

You have to fight every second of every game. Skill makes way for brute strength in the playoffs. Even Kevin friggin Porter was throwing hit after hit. Thompson was finally getting rough with people. It was good to see. If he does that on a regular basis he will be a beast of a player. 

After the first the Marlies were the more physical team and they were rewarded with a win.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Ogre said:

You’re acting like a child.

If you don’t agree with me then express it with more class.

I expect more from you.

What do you mean? who are you to trashtalk Victor for example ? u dont know this player at all. 

If anyone is acting like a child its you, pathetic to say the least. U dont know Victor, i do. 
So what, your basing your instinct from 1 game? where were these comments from you when he earned the player of the week, player of the month etc. 

2 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

What do you mean? who are you to trashtalk Victor for example ? u dont know this player at all. 

If anyone is acting like a child its you, pathetic to say the least. U dont know Victor, i do. 
So what, your basing your instinct from 1 game? where were these comments from you when he earned the player of the week, player of the month etc. 

I was praising his performance when it was good. I’m critical when it is not. I’ve seen the kid all year. He’s been taking shifts off the last quarter of the season has been one of the things that contributed to the teams slide in the standings.

I don’t appreciate the “bs pouring out of my mouth” comment. Completely unnecessary and childish IMO. I was the one in that group you saw the game with in Rochester that provided everyone with a free ticket. My wife pulled some strings to help facilitate the meeting with Linus. I treated you with class. 

25 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I was praising his performance when it was good. I’m critical when it is not. I’ve seen the kid all year. He’s been taking shifts off the last quarter of the season has been one of the things that contributed to the teams slide in the standings.

I don’t appreciate the “bs pouring out of my mouth” comment. Completely unnecessary and childish IMO. I was the one in that group you saw the game with in Rochester that provided everyone with a free ticket. My wife pulled some strings to help facilitate the meeting with Linus. I treated you with class. 

I dont follow, you mean that by beeing a class act your self makes it ok to treat other like trash? 

Dude, i know who you are trust me, i think i made that clear last time we met and that sure suprises me when seeing you act like this
towards players that brought this team to the playoffs.

Edited by MODO Hockey

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

I dont follow, you mean that by beeing a class act your self makes it ok to treat other like trash? 

Dude, i know who you are trust me, i think i made that clear last time we met and that sure suprises me when seeing you act like this
towards players that brought this team to the playoffs.

Dude. I’m not treating Olly like trash. I’m severely disappointed with his performance in what should be, to this date, the most important game of his friggin life! 

Ahl playoffs are brutal. You can’t miss a single opportunity to shove someone around and both Olly and Pilut shied away from it. Our local news had a great clip of a scrum with Tenny, O’Regan and I forget the other one in the battle. Olly comes coasting into the frame last with an arm around a guy. No words or aggression. I don’t know what it was with him because he even whiffed on a one timer at an open net. It was an embarrassment to get whooped like that at home. I’m hoping Taylor rips all those guys that didn’t at least match Toronto’s physical play. If they can’t do that then there’s no way they’re going to win.

3 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Dude. I’m not treating Olly like trash. I’m severely disappointed with his performance in what should be, to this date, the most important game of his friggin life! 

Ahl playoffs are brutal. You can’t miss a single opportunity to shove someone around and both Olly and Pilut shied away from it. Our local news had a great clip of a scrum with Tenny, O’Regan and I forget the other one in the battle. Olly comes coasting into the frame last with an arm around a guy. No words or aggression. I don’t know what it was with him because he even whiffed on a one timer at an open net. It was an embarrassment to get whooped like that at home. I’m hoping Taylor rips all those guys that didn’t at least match Toronto’s physical play. If they can’t do that then there’s no way they’re going to win.

He could bench one or both of Olofsson or Pilut. I doubt it would be Victor. They have 11 D so sitting Pilut isn't out of the question. I love these guys as much as anyone but Pilut in particular showed a fairly consistent avoidance from contact. Paul Hamilton noted it and many posters on this site as well.  He's going to have to adjust or he may find himself in the Press box. 

14 minutes ago, inkman said:

He could bench one or both of Olofsson or Pilut. I doubt it would be Victor. They have 11 D so sitting Pilut isn't out of the question. I love these guys as much as anyone but Pilut in particular showed a fairly consistent avoidance from contact. Paul Hamilton noted it and many posters on this site as well.  He's going to have to adjust or he may find himself in the Press box. 

You’ve seen plenty of this leagues playoff games. The refs let the rough stuff go so you need to be the tougher of the two. It’s really a sad state when Kevin friggin Porter had the only fight.

I’m not sure if you were there and saw it but Borgen had an encounter behind the net where for a second I thought he was losing his mind and was going to shake the guy to death. He finally stopped and looked over his shoulder at the ref. That kid gets fired up.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.