Brawndo

Rochester Americans 2018-19

He's listed at a buck 76. That's gotta been in full gear. He looks 150 soaking wet. Hopefully he eats some garbage plates and hits the gym. 

I’ve missed two in a row.... Amerks back in first by one point with a game in hand for Syracuse...9 points ahead of third place Toronto with even GP...round one is going to be wild...

Edited by Ogre

57 minutes ago, inkman said:

Went to Amerks. Won 3-0. Smith, Olofsson and Leier with the tallies. 

One thing stuck out to me. Victor Olofsson is skinny. Like coat hanger skinny. I have to believe this is what has kept him in the A.  

Leirer has been a nice addition. Kid knows how to find the twine. Better than Bailey IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’ve missed two in a row.... Amerks back in first by one point with a game in hand for Syracuse...9 points ahead of third place Toronto with even GP...round one is going to be wild...

I'm hoping to see Rochester and Syracuse meet at some point in the playoffs. That would be a nasty series. They play 12 times during the regular season, a 7 game series would be 19 matchups. If that doesn't make a rivalry, I dont know what does. They already hate each other.

Enjoy folks.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, Claude Balls said:

I'm hoping to see Rochester and Syracuse meet at some point in the playoffs. That would be a nasty series. They play 12 times during the regular season, a 7 game series would be 19 matchups. If that doesn't make a rivalry, I dont know what does. They already hate each other.

And the Amerks actually have 5-6 guys that are legit tough. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Rochester is doing a Sabres impersonation of the 2nd period collapses.  

They have come back...and won!!!! Asplund with two goals 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Wow what a comeback!  O Regan’s goal in OT was sick!!!!

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

Dude....Wedgewood let in 4 on 17 shots...this team is good but if they had a goaltender they’d be unstoppable...

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Can Ulmark go down for the playoffs once the Sabres are done?

No, he would have to clear waivers 

• Thanks (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Dude....Wedgewood let in 4 on 17 shots...this team is good but if they had a goaltender they’d be unstoppable...

I would not mind UPL getting some games, if he gets to Rochester in time 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Will the playoff games be on msg or something ?

Great question 

I was impressed by Asplund, Oloffson, O Reagan, Simpson, Borgen, and CJ.  Several of those guys need to get a chance up next year.  

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

Will the playoff games be on msg or something ?

The playoff TV schedule probably won’t be released until a few days before it begins.

• Like (+1) 1

Oloffson has to be on the Sabres next year.  He's a goal scorer, plain and simple.

Asplund has really come in the last part of the season. The Sabres can certainly use the depth at C. I recall from his draft year that he was supposed to be a two way centre, I hope he can make the jump soon.

34 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Asplund has really come in the last part of the season. The Sabres can certainly use the depth at C. I recall from his draft year that he was supposed to be a two way centre, I hope he can make the jump soon.

Maybe I'm way off but based on my observations, I still think he needs another season in the A.  He's slight of frame and could use some work on his offensive game. 

Loading the Sabres team with multiple rookies is a great idea. 

What could possibly go wrong? haha

Fans tend to forget these kids are playing against AHL talent not NHL.

Asplund definitely needs another full season in Roch. He can come up when injuries hit and play a handful of games. He needs more development for sure.

Olofsson i’d take the risk (if he looks amazing in camp) and give him some preseason and a handful of regular season games to see how he responds. If he looks lost or below average, send him back to Roch with the idea of calling him up often for injuries.

It will be interesting to see if JB starts Tage in Roch next season or not.

21 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Loading the Sabres team with multiple rookies is a great idea. 

What could possibly go wrong? haha

Fans tend to forget these kids are playing against AHL talent not NHL.

Asplund definitely needs another full season in Roch. He can come up when injuries hit and play a handful of games. He needs more development for sure.

Olofsson i’d take the risk (if he looks amazing in camp) and give him some preseason and a handful of regular season games to see how he responds. If he looks lost or below average, send him back to Roch with the idea of calling him up often for injuries.

It will be interesting to see if JB starts Tage in Roch next season or not.

I think CJ is ready.  He could easily be an upgrade over 4-5 cadavers we send out there every night.  

I did notice the Amerks are aggressive.  They knocked 2 Marlies out of the game with nasty, but clean, hits.  

Edited by Gatorman0519

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

Maybe I'm way off but based on my observations, I still think he needs another season in the A.  He's slight of frame and could use some work on his offensive game. 

I'm a fan of giving guys like him that first full year in the AHL, and then being the guy who rides the shuttle back and forth when needed due to injury the following year.  So yeah, he sees the majority of his time in the AHL, but gets spot duty from time to time.

• Like (+1) 1

The Amerks lose to LV 4-3 in OT tonight. They outshot them 43-31 but poor Wedgewood had another terrible performance. Halfway through the second he’d let in 3 goals on 17 shots. The last two were unassisted glove side high. Pathetic. Yanked again. Wilcox comes in off the bench like a tiger. When he starts he’s more like tigger. I hope for a deeper run this year but goaltending has been weak.

• Like (+1) 1

4-2 win over Laval without Redmond, Pilut, Borgen, Tenny, Olofsson, Nylander or D.Smith. Tage had a bad first period but got going a little toward the end. This kid Gosselin from UAH looks like a solid Dman. I expect him as an Amerk next year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Amerks in Binghamton tonight. Devils up 3-1 at the end of the first.

Amerks 21 sog 

Bing 9 sog

Wedgewood let in 3 on 9 shots. It’s like he suddenly got the yips. I’m very worried about this guy in the playoffs.