Brawndo

Rochester Americans 2018-19

Amerks up 1-0 due to Bailey's replacement, Leier or something like that 

Edited by inkman

Chris Taylor definitely just told the ref to STFU.  Twice.  😃

Just happened to see the Amerks lineup for tonight.  Who did what to Nylander?  Or is he being healthy scratched?

1 hour ago, Sabel79 said:

Just happened to see the Amerks lineup for tonight.  Who did what to Nylander?  Or is he being healthy scratched?

Borgen popped him pretty good in practice, he is day to day 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hall of Fame night...wearing the throwbacks....Janik and Langdon are the inductees. Both gave great speeches. Apparently Janik and Botts are tight. Janik mentioned that Botts was at the game....or is he there for nefarious reasons?

Wilson with the first goal and Olofsson with the second to make it 2-0 end of two. Olofsson’s goal was all due to some damn hard work by O’Regan.

Nelson so far is blatantly mediocre.

Olofsson’s second one timer and second goal. 3-0

Now Simpson. 4-0

Asplund with the shorty. 5 on 3 shorty! 5-0

Olofsson shorty!!!!!

Hat trick!!!!

6-0!

26 minutes ago, Ogre said:

7-1. Nelson standing in the crease like a stump......

He’s seen that Housley likes how Scandella plays, so Nelson figures it will get him called up.

• Haha (+1) 3

Guhle struggled on D again. Loses the puck and takes a stupid tripping penalty trying to recover.

Borgen played like an animal and is growing his game all the time. Plays tough...physically. He wears guys down. Took his man into the boards hard and drew penalty on the retaliation. Had another bone rattling hit later on. He’s learning good lessons from McWilliams at keeping the crease clear. He’s my pick over any of the others.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Ogre said:

Guhle struggled on D again. Loses the puck and takes a stupid tripping penalty trying to recover.

Borgen played like an animal and is growing his game all the time. Plays tough...physically. He wears guys down. Took his man into the boards hard and drew penalty on the retaliation. Had another bone rattling hit later on. He’s learning good lessons from McWilliams at keeping the crease clear. He’s my pick over any of the others.

And he's a right shot! Could be Dahlin's future partner if we are lucky. Would seem to be a perfect partner for him stylistically as well. 

Edited by Thorny

I was there tonight. Great game. 

Won free chili, won a free donut and coffee, and won a burrito. And caught a shirt.

Oh and the Olafsson hatter and two shorties and 7-1 win were cool. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I was there tonight. Great game. 

Won free chili, won a free donut and coffee, and won a burrito. And caught a shirt.

Oh and the Olafsson hatter and two shorties and 7-1 win were cool. 

Chili, Coffee, Donut, Burrito...  that makes a bad morning.  🙂

I think Olofsson will get a shot... but I don't think it will be until there is an injury on the top line or there are a few trades.  They have to get a glimpse of what he can do in the NHL before next season.

14 hours ago, Ogre said:

Thanks for all the updates, mucho importante!! 

17 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Olofsson is more then ready.  Time for a call up.

Put him on Eichel’s wing and put the E-Rod-Mitts-Reino line back together. 

50 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Olofsson is more then ready.  Time for a call up.

Two of his goals last night where one timers from the hash mark with a puck dished from behind the goal line... all around they were good plays that took more than one skilled player to execute...I just hope folks don’t get disappointed if he doesn’t have the same results in Buffalo.

If he is called up, he needs to play with guys that can set him up...Phil....are you listening?

2 hours ago, Ogre said:

Two of his goals last night where one timers from the hash mark with a puck dished from behind the goal line... all around they were good plays that took more than one skilled player to execute...I just hope folks don’t get disappointed if he doesn’t have the same results in Buffalo.

If he is called up, he needs to play with guys that can set him up...Phil....are you listening?

This is true, and I actually think this shouldn't be too much of a problem, provided, as you alluded to, Phil doesn't stick him on the 4th line or something.

If the forwards have a strength as a whole it's playmaking, and are much shorter on finish. With Eichel, Reinhart, and Mittelstadt all being pass-first players, I think Olofsson has a shot to fit right in.

Amerks lose 5-2.  Remie Elie with a 2 point game. 😃