Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

16 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Pilut with 3 assists?

Yea, his puck control, puck movement, he's beyond the AHL, by miles.

The question I'm asking is what do we do with our current D, because he won't be in Rochester all season, I just cannot see that.

Botterill has to be prepping some moves, not only for Pilut, but Asplund looks extremely dangerous. It was Utica, and my first full game this season watched, thanks to Ink and BRWANDO for dishing me the AHLTV info and the scheduling.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Yea, his puck control, puck movement, he's beyond the AHL, by miles.

The question I'm asking is what do we do with our current D, because he won't be in Rochester all season, I just cannot see that.

Botterill has to be prepping some moves, not only for Pilut, but Asplund looks extremely dangerous. It was Utica, and my first full game this season watched, thanks to Ink and BRWANDO for dishing me the AHLTV info and the scheduling.

JBOTTS is proven to believe in development, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see Pilut spend the entire season with the Amerks, no matter how much he dominates. 

Considering everyone on the Sabres D other than Scandy has been okay, it’ll take an injury or two to maybe see Pilut get a callup. 

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

JBOTTS is proven to believe in development, so it wouldn’t be surprising to see Pilut spend the entire season with the Amerks, no matter how much he dominates. 

Considering everyone on the Sabres D other than Scandy has been okay, it’ll take an injury or two to maybe see Pilut get a callup. 

Casey Nelson seems ripe for the picking but I haven't delved into the fancy stats. 

I find it interesting that Tails is playing Tyler Randell and Dalton Smith. Both are pretty much goons (affectionate term in my book) but are seeing the ice regularly. It's not needed. Plenty of vets could be on the ice but he's playing them with intent. It's been a long damn time since that type of philosophy was regularly employed. Maybe an organizational shift by JBots. Fans in the 585 will be satisfied.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

I find it interesting that Tails is playing Tyler Randell and Dalton Smith. Both are pretty much goons (affectionate term in my book) but are seeing the ice regularly. It's not needed. Plenty of vets could be on the ice but he's playing them with intent. It's been a long damn time since that type of philosophy was regularly employed. Maybe an organizational shift by JBots. Fans in the 585 will be satisfied.

They need some enforcers to protect the softer than baby shite Swedish prima donna's.

I like our players from Sweden, it's the rest of the league wide Swedes I dislike....at least, when they play us ?
Of course, I dislike all nationalities on opposing teams when they take the ice against us, so to be fair, I'm an equal opportunity dislike'r (new word creation :D)

Edited by Scottysabres

Dalton Smith played a great game. I’ve never seen him have such and impact as he did last night. I really wouldn’t label him a goon though. Just because you finish everyone of your hits doesn’t make you a goon. He played the hockey well too.

Overall this Amerks team is good. Only two losses were to the Checkers who are like 7-1.

Two mistakes.

Tage Thompson would have scored 5-10 goals in the SHL.

Victor Olofsson scored 27 wich is 3 more than Elias Pettersson, vancouver (5 goals/5 NHLgames) and he is sent down to the AHL ?  This is just a very bad call.

Even worse is the fact that SHLs best D-man Lawrence Pilut did not make the worst team in the NHL last year (no offense, just a fact according to the standings).  This one is just a joke. He is better than Risto (and Dahlin right now) given a couple of months of NHL time.

YES I know there are other factors than just scoring goals and being a good offensive defensman, but in this case I have no doubt that buffalo would be a better team with these guys playing.

(primadonna is indeed two words, in Italian, in Sweden it is used/spelled as one word, in goon it might be two, in that case i´m sorry.)

Edited by mike555555555555555
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, mike555555555555555 said:

Two mistakes.

Tage Thompson would have scored 5-10 goals in the SHL.

Victor Olofsson scored 27 wich is 3 more than Elias Pettersson, vancouver (5 goals/5 NHLgames) and he is sent down to the AHL ?  This is just a very bad call.

Even worse is the fact that SHLs best D-man Lawrence Pilut did not make the worst team in the NHL last year (no offense, just a fact according to the standings).  This one is just a joke. He is better than Risto (and Dahlin right now) given a couple of months of NHL time.

YES I know there are other factors than just scoring goals and being a good offensive defensman, but in this case I have no doubt that buffalo would be a better team with these guys playing.

(primadonna is indeed two words, in Italian, in Sweden it is used/spelled as one word, in goon it might be two, in that case i´m sorry.)

?

Just tired to hear about "soft swedes", we have goonish players in Sweden too but like I mentioned before they have no skills, just muscles. You will never see our tough guys in the NHL because there is no shortage of those guys in the USA/Canada (or anywhere else in the world).  NHL teams only pick our most skilled guys and those guys are usually pretty small/light because the "big ice" we play on overhere favors speed and hockey IQ. I´m pretty sure a guy like Bufyglien would look pretty stupid in the SHL but in the NHL he is very useful with his size and weight. 

Anyway, i´m off topic here so I will end this rant, I hope you beat Columbus tonight, Tage Thompson will probably score a hattrick after this... 

1 hour ago, mike555555555555555 said:

Just tired to hear about "soft swedes", we have goonish players in Sweden too but like I mentioned before they have no skills, just muscles. You will never see our tough guys in the NHL because there is no shortage of those guys in the USA/Canada (or anywhere else in the world).  NHL teams only pick our most skilled guys and those guys are usually pretty small/light because the "big ice" we play on overhere favors speed and hockey IQ. I´m pretty sure a guy like Bufyglien would look pretty stupid in the SHL but in the NHL he is very useful with his size and weight. 

Anyway, i´m off topic here so I will end this rant, I hope you beat Columbus tonight, Tage Thompson will probably score a hattrick after this... 

I've rarely heard the term soft swedes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.