Brawndo

Rochester Americans 2018-19

3 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Just doesn't look like we have as much depth as we thought to the bottom of the organization. 

We're getting better though😊

So you're not a big fan of the ECHL roster?  These players say absolutely nothing about Sabre depth.

26 minutes ago, shrader said:

So you're not a big fan of the ECHL roster?  These players say absolutely nothing about Sabre depth.

On the contrary,,,,if you're a Roch player would you want to be sent down? Ask Karabacek. If you're a Cinci player wouldn't you want to push your way up to at least the AHL?

If you had said " they mean very little to the Sabres depth" I would have likely agreed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

On the contrary,,,,if you're a Roch player would you want to be sent down? Ask Karabacek. If you're a Cinci player wouldn't you want to push your way up to at least the AHL?

If you had said " they mean very little to the Sabres depth" I would have likely agreed.

So you've taking being a grammar nazi to a new level?  I'll remember to choose my words better in the future.  Here, I'll give it a shot:

This list of players says absolutely nothing about the depth of the Buffalo Sabres organization.

I hope that one's better.  Just remember, when you read that, be sure to go with the Canadian pronunciation of "organization".  We're talking about hockey here, so it just feels right.

I was hoping Devante Stephens might turn into something. Definitely skilled.

The Amerks camp list is meaningless with 40 plus players still in Buffalo, many of which are still fighting for NHL jobs.  There is exactly one legit prospect on the Amerks list right now and that is Cornel.  

We actually have excellent depth.  Forward Prospects like Smith, Oglevie, Asplund, Nylander, Thompson, O’Regan, Malone, Olofsson, Bailey and Baptiste are still in Buffalo. Rochester Defense vets Fedun and Tennyson are also still in Buffalo plus Rochester by bound prospects Borgen, Pilut, Hickey and Guhle.  Also Rochester starting goalie, Wedgewood, is also still in Buffalo.  That’s basically the starting lineup for Rochester this season.  Most of these guys have NHL experience or on NHL development curves.  What more do you want?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

There is exactly one legit prospect on the Amerks list right now and that is Cornel.

I'll allow it, but at this point I think it's clear Mr. Cornel peaked at age 15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

So you've taking being a grammar nazi to a new level?  I'll remember to choose my words better in the future.  Here, I'll give it a shot:

This list of players says absolutely nothing about the depth of the Buffalo Sabres organization.

I hope that one's better.  Just remember, when you read that, be sure to go with the Canadian pronunciation of "organization".  We're talking about hockey here, so it just feels right.

It has nothing to do with being a grammar **** and everything to do with the meaning of what you said.

But forget it...you wouldn't understand. And how did you know I was German??? 

23 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Kevin Porter was named team captain.

Have they released their roster yet?   can't find it anywhere

Saw a bunch of Merks whilst at the box office today. Skinny bastages. 

25 minutes ago, inkman said:

Saw a bunch of Merks whilst at the box office today. Skinny bastages. 

Well they’re playing like they’re malnourished.

I may be malnourished by games end with the way PSE has screwed up concessions. My usher tells me they canned all the Rochester people and are bussing in help from Buffalo. The last beer stand I hit up didn’t have any cold ones.

Some good news: CJ Smith and Pilut have the goals for the Ameriks. Methinks if game one is a sign of things to come it won’t take long for those two to replace some names in the lineup.

Who would have thought last year that Cliff Pu’s first pro game would be in Rochester...as a Charlotte Checker.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Some good news: CJ Smith and Pilut have the goals for the Ameriks. Methinks if game one is a sign of things to come it won’t take long for those two to replace some names in the lineup.

How about for game 2

46 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Sure ...add more players from a losing environment, just what we need. LOL

So the new standard in the Sabres organization is to lose by 4 goals. Christ, can’t one of these teams compete?!

6-2 embarrassment. Where the opponent worked hard, the Amerks were soft. When the puck came free they watched it a second before deciding to go after it. They stood by and let the checkers own the net. They stunk. Not good.

Oglevie really struggled. Borgen had some bad turnovers. Asplund had some good passes. He also looked like a noob.  I hope this was just a fart and not something else. 

2 hours ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

Sure ...add more players from a losing environment, just what we need. LOL

Great take. The Amerks were a playoff team last year as was Pilut’s SHL squad.

14 hours ago, Ogre said:

I may be malnourished by games end with the way PSE has screwed up concessions. My usher tells me they canned all the Rochester people and are bussing in help from Buffalo. The last beer stand I hit up didn’t have any cold ones.

If my arena experience is jacked up in any way, I'm gonna lose it. I could always count on non-existent lines (nobody in the arena) and tolerable concessions. If they've screwed both those things up, I won't go back (until it's jacket season where I can sneak a flask and burrito into the game). 😁

We'll find out tonight. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, inkman said:

If my arena experience is jacked up in any way, I'm gonna lose it. I could always count on non-existent lines (nobody in the arena) and tolerable concessions. If they've screwed both those things up, I won't go back (until it's jacket season where I can sneak a flask and burrito into the game). 😁

We'll find out tonight. 

I am sure the visuals are better with the new screen.  They mentioned improved sound as well, that's a huge one for me at the Amerks game.  The sounds the past few years has been so bad and so loud that it gave me headaches...

1 hour ago, LTS said:

I am sure the visuals are better with the new screen.  They mentioned improved sound as well, that's a huge one for me at the Amerks game.  The sounds the past few years has been so bad and so loud that it gave me headaches...

Get off my lawn!! 😃