Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

Like most, I thought Remi Elie was a non-factor with the Sabres. Looked like an NHL skater without NHL hands or head.

He was also a 40th overall pick who has 4 goals and 7 points with the Amerks.

The Sabres had other "filler' players on their roster, yet they put in a claim, so they probably thought he has an NHL shot.

Does he?

I think we've seen that he doesn't.

The jump is huge.  Redmond couldn't make it and he's setting records.  I'm not hopeful for our farm.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

Amerks have tons of D

Pilut, Redmond, Borgen, Daugherty, Hickey, MacWilliams, Tennyson, and Paestch.

Paestch rarely plays. Hickey is probably #7 at the moment.

https://www.amerks.com/stats

Heard some interviews with Patches. He in very endeared to Rochester, where he lives now, and wants to bring home the Calder Cup. Don't be surprised if he slides over to coaching next season. 

54 minutes ago, inkman said:

Heard some interviews with Patches. He in very endeared to Rochester, where he lives now, and wants to bring home the Calder Cup. Don't be surprised if he slides over to coaching next season. 

I’m shocked to see that he’s actually younger than me. It feels like he was here at least 15 years ago. And now as I look up his stats, oops, he was. 

2 hours ago, inkman said:

Janik made mention of how he can’t believe Patches is still playing when he was inducted into the Amerks HOF....I’m sure Uncle Terry wilL find something for him...

17 minutes ago, inkman said:

Amerks win 3-1. Elie, Olofsson and CJ with the tallies. Asplund, O'Regan, Malone, and Tennyson with the dimes. 

I caught the intermission report and the first half of the 2nd period on the radio while driving home from apprentice class. Sounds like Olofsson had a short handed break away in the first. He has a knack for getting that breakout pass. He reminds me Ovie in a few ways. The breakout. The one timer. I think he’ll be a Sabre next year.

Just now, Ogre said:

Let him play some NA playoff hockey for the love of God already.

The Amerks can’t help the Sabres if the Sabres won’t let them.

Oh I want him on the Amerks for the playoffs.  Absolutely.  I just want to reward his effort this season with a few games in the NHL and try him with certain players to see if there is some chemistry.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Oh I want him on the Amerks for the playoffs.  Absolutely.  I just want to reward his effort this season with a few games in the NHL and try him with certain players to see if there is some chemistry.

He’ll make the roster next year. The North is tight this close to the end and keeping him in Rochester is best for the team, which leads to success, which begets experience, which....you’re a smart guy. You see where I’m going...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

He’ll make the roster next year. The North is tight this close to the end and keeping him in Rochester is best for the team, which leads to success, which begets experience, which....you’re a smart guy. You see where I’m going...

Easy send down Thompson to get to know his playoff teammates and bring up Olofsson so that he can meet next year's teammates. ?

Looking forward to seeing ollofson in buffalo next season but hopefully he is used where he can be most effective. Please not bottom 6 and 6mins a night. Also want to see Smith, nylander also on roster with asplund and borgen brought up at some point also. Make it happen Botts. 

Edited by Sabre1974

6 hours ago, Sabre1974 said:

Looking forward to seeing ollofson in buffalo next season but hopefully he is used where he can be most effective. Please not bottom 6 and 6mins a night. Also want to see Smith, nylander also on roster with asplund and borgen brought up at some point also. Make it happen Botts. 

Nylander needs more time 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.