Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

13 hours ago, SwampD said:

Did they really wear those unis tonight? That’s awesome. I think they are really cool. Is there video?

They really did & they're auctioning off the sweaters (Cleveland definitely is, expect the Amerks will as well) & IIHC they'll both wear similar sweaters in Ra-cha-cha later this season.  (Why only subject fans in Cleveland to the risk of becoming blinded while at a game when that risk can be spread to fans in other cities as well?)

10 minutes ago, Taro T said:

They really did & they're auctioning off the sweaters (Cleveland definitely is, expect the Amerks will as well) & IIHC they'll both wear similar sweaters in Ra-cha-cha later this season.  (Why only subject fans in Cleveland to the risk of becoming blinded while at a game when that risk can be spread to fans in other cities as well?)

Yeah. Tough to watch on the ice. Not enough contrast and they both look like they're wearing their darks.

3 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Nylander was the last man off the ice from warmups. Taking little shots up close to the net, looking over his shoulder every few minutes to see if the last two Tigers had left the ice yet. I approve.

Awesome.  I just found the AHLTV app on my Roku.  Gonna drop $7 dolla to make me holla. 

Edited by inkman
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Ogre said:

SO win!! 

Huge goal from Asplund to tie it up with 11 sec left.

The goal to tie it late was a thing of beauty.  Asplund was perched just to the side of the net and received a perfect pass from Nylander at the point to put it home.  Outstanding play by our AHL Swedes. :)

10 hours ago, Robviously said:

The goal to tie it late was a thing of beauty.  Asplund was perched just to the side of the net and received a perfect pass from Nylander at the point to put it home.  Outstanding play by our AHL Swedes. ?

I thought it was Nylander's best game that I've watched. He really controlled play and was dominant on the puck. My hope for him is partially restored. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, inkman said:

I thought it was Nylander's best game that I've watched. He really controlled play and was dominant on the puck. My hope for him is partially restored. 

He didn’t get an assist on Crisco’s goal but he kept that play alive single handed by controlling the puck. I remember thinking “which Nylander am I watching?”

Very tough on the boards, often outworking 2 Tigers to move/keep the puck deep. 

Maybe someone whispered in his ear?

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, Ogre said:

He didn’t get an assist on Crisco’s goal but he kept that play alive single handed by controlling the puck. I remember thinking “which Nylander am I watching?”

Its the worst kept secret around that the Sabres could use some secondary scoring. The top AHL guys have to know that they can play their way into an NHL role if they can demonstrate some strong AHL play.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Ogre said:

9 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

Its the worst kept secret around that the Sabres could use some secondary scoring. The top AHL guys have to know that they can play their way into an NHL role if they can demonstrate some strong AHL play.

If Im Chris Taylor, Ive definitely told Nylander there is opportunity brewing in Buffalo.

I figured he’d emerge as a legitimate AHL player in the first half, come up after Christmas, and hopefully show enough to make it permanent.

Not exactly unusual for a 20-year-old first-round winger.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.