Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

21 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Taylor? Martin? meh.

Amerks fans always blamed the Sabres for not giving the team enough talent in the playoffs. What's the excuse this year?

A goalie who couldn’t make any big stops. A coach who couldn’t make any adjustments. They should have won this series, but the Amerks had way more flaws than people probably realized, despite the 99 points. A team who got by on talent alone all year. Didn’t play complete games.. ever. Took periods and shifts off regularly.  Came up small in every big game - Losses in Charlotte, losses to Syracuse fighting for the division, being swept. 

Edited by Amerks8796
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

3rd overall in the regular season and couldn't get a playoff win....? 

Well, at least it's not Tampa collapse bad. 

Type of players JBot has been going for. If by some miracle the Sabres make the playoffs next year they will be bounced early as well as the small fast thing they have been trying to create doesn't get it done when the going gets tougher. Somebody has to remind JBot we do not have Sid. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ogre said:

It’s easy. You take your hot players and send them to a flailing parent team to learn bad habits and the quickest path to failure...

Mouth farts for everyone....

Sad day for us all, more or less. I feel for you, believe me.

Since you obviously watch more amerks games than most of us, can you define what happened (?) zero heart from certain players have been mentioned, if i agree or not does not really matter obviously since i was only speaking of one player mostly and it sucks that he didnt prove you wrong

Maybe sending players to a "dead" team isnt the wisest, i guess that has to be broken down to details, many details to be able to come to some sort of certainty.

Edited by MODO Hockey

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Type of players JBot has been going for. If by some miracle the Sabres make the playoffs next year they will be bounced early as well as the small fast thing they have been trying to create doesn't get it done when the going gets tougher. Somebody has to remind JBot we do not have Sid. 

Did you watch any of the Amerks games this playoffs? 

10 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Sad day for us all, more or less. I feel for you, believe me.

Since you obviously watch more amerks games than most of us, can you define what happened (?) zero heart from certain players have been mentioned, if i agree or not does not really matter obviously since i was only speaking of one player mostly and it sucks that he didnt prove you wrong

Maybe sending players to a "dead" team isnt the wisest, i guess that has to be broken down to details, many details to be able to come to some sort of certainty.

I want to blame a lot of things. Goaltending was a huge issue all year. Wedgewood didn’t even wear an Amerks themed helmet until well into the season so I can’t trust that he even wanted to be here. 

Really the biggest issue for me was calling guys up for no reason. They “earned it”? That’s crap. You have a team that’s winning then you keep them together. What good did it do Pilut to sit in the press box in Buffalo? He came back to Rochester a shell of the player he was.

I’m really starting to question Taylor’s decision making. This kid Kurt Gosselin, even though he played well, had 5 games with the team before the playoffs. WTF? Spend all year growing chemistry and shake it all up when everyone else is tightening the chemistry for their playoff runs.

Huge disappointment.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I want to blame a lot of things. Goaltending was a huge issue all year. Wedgewood didn’t even wear an Amerks themed helmet until well into the season so I can’t trust that he even wanted to be here. 

Really the biggest issue for me was calling guys up for no reason. They “earned it”? That’s crap. You have a team that’s winning then you keep them together. What good did it do Pilut to sit in the press box in Buffalo? He came back to Rochester a shell of the player he was.

I’m really starting to question Taylor’s decision making. This kid Kurt Gosselin, even though he played well, had 5 games with the team before the playoffs. WTF? Spend all year growing chemistry and shake it all up when everyone else is tightening the chemistry for their playoff runs.

Huge disappointment.

Yeah we had players in the press box that suited up for every regular season game and didn't sniff the playoffs. That's one way to disenfranchise your team. I'm sure there were a lot of WTFs being whispered in the dressing room. 

Taylor had the look of a man that was worried about his current coaching job let alone looking for a bigger role in his post game interview.

Taylor- “winning is hard”....

***** you man.

And blaming Sexton is weak sauce. 

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

An all time dumb tweet by Harrington.  So a 2nd year coach, who’s teams have made the playoffs both seasons now has no chance at an NHL job.  Wow. 

If Taylor has similar results for the next 5 years let me know, then I might agree.  However, I’ll reserve judgement for now.  

Pretty sure Harrington was only referring to this upcoming season.  (But his chances of coaching in the NHL next year were almost nonexistent anyhow.)  If he was referring to his career trajectory, yeah, that's a very poor take.

11 minutes ago, pastajoe said:

Syracuse shut out by Cleveland 3-0. The top two teams in the division were swept.

So, not a good year for anyone to expect RS success to continue into the playoffs.  Interesti g.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.