Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

no, they have mediocre goaltending. 

This is being generous

1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

How fair is it to place your number one goaltender prospect, who has one professional start in the AHL, in an elimination game?

If I told you how often I was put into an "unfair" position at work, I'd never stop talking. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

How fair is it to place your number one goaltender prospect, who has one professional start in the AHL, in an elimination game?

So who put the players in a bad position, letting them down by not adequately addressing the goaltending position? Sexton? Botterill? Does that go down as another team-building flaw or did the goalies in Rochester have an unreasonably expected let down this season or playoffs?

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

I would rather start UPL, but the Sabres Development Staff has a better handle on what is best for him. 

Risk one player's psyche to try and salvage the 20 or so others? Botterill has preached how import success in Rochester is. 

But maybe UPL's is too important if he's our Chosen One in net..but goalies do often have an interesting mind-set to begin with. 

Edited by Thorny

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

So who put the players in a bad position, letting them down by not adequately addressing the goaltending position? Sexton? Botterill? Does that go down as another team-building flaw or did the goalies in Rochester have an unreasonably expected let down this season or playoffs?

Risk one player's psyche to try and salvage the 20 or so others? Botterill has preached how import success in Rochester is. 

But maybe UPL's is too important if he's our Chosen One in net..but goalies do often have an interesting mind-set to begin with. 

On the flip side, Taylor could have called Porter into his office and told him I’m thinking of starting UPL on Wednesday what do you think? 

Porter could have responded with ***** that, Wedgewood and Wilcox have been here for all 78 regular season games and UPL has been for four including the playoffs. Is it Wedgewood’s Fault that Vic has hit 75 posts and we are being out scored 7-3 in the series? It’s the other five guys on the ice not doing their ***** jobs. Wedgewood and Wilcox are the reason we are here and it’s ***** to think we want a change now.

( Yes I know the goaltending has sucked)

• Like (+1) 2

My work has hit the monsoon season. I’m spread like too little butter on too much bread. Life degrades with life long monotony and arduous tasks. I’d like to give these kids an awareness lesson on squandering talent.

They’ve broken my heart in that arena too many times now to watch on tv tomorrow. They’ll probably win both games in Toronto only to return to break our hearts again at home.....

any season ticket holder will know what I’m talking about. It’s been happening since the break...

8 hours ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

If they start him and he's amazing there will be big pressure to put him in Buffalo to start next season. They seem to want to slow play this hand and have UPL be the starter in Rochester next season.

Pressure from whom? They can start him in rochester next season with out issue if they wish. I don't think that's something to worry much about.

• Like (+1) 1

I just don't understand how we could do so well in regular season but completely fall to pieces in the playoffs.

Honestly how is it that we cannot even back into some success? It's like everyone is conspiring against us to endlessly fail at every turn.

Edited by thewookie1

3 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I just don't understand how we could do so well in regular season but completely fall to pieces in the playoffs.

It’s easy. You take your hot players and send them to a flailing parent team to learn bad habits and the quickest path to failure...

Just now, Zamboni said:

And it’s over ?

Mouth farts for everyone....

1 minute ago, Ogre said:

Taylor is not the coach you are looking for....

Is there a flaw with the type of team we are trying to build organizationally? Botterill has the Sabres and Amerks doing the same type of thing, right?

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 1

We Amerks fan may also call this “The Great Call Up Fiasco”...

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

Is there a flaw with the type of team we are trying to build organizationally? Botterill has the Sabres and Amerks doing the same type of thing, right?

Edited by Ogre

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.