Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

14 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’m not sure if you were there and saw it but Borgen had an encounter behind the net where for a second I thought he was losing his mind and was going to shake the guy to death. He finally stopped and looked over his shoulder at the ref. That kid gets fired up.

I'm in South West Florida so I did not see the game. 

16 hours ago, Ogre said:

I was praising his performance when it was good. I’m critical when it is not. I’ve seen the kid all year. He’s been taking shifts off the last quarter of the season has been one of the things that contributed to the teams slide in the standings.

I don’t appreciate the “bs pouring out of my mouth” comment. Completely unnecessary and childish IMO. I was the one in that group you saw the game with in Rochester that provided everyone with a free ticket. My wife pulled some strings to help facilitate the meeting with Linus. I treated you with class. 

If he was so bad why did the Sabres REWARD him by calling him up>>>hmmmm

2 hours ago, primeme said:

If he was so bad why did the Sabres REWARD him by calling him up>>>hmmmm

In this game he was saying... Pilut played scared and he does sometimes, which is why he sat and was sent down once this year.  Kid has moments when it appears to wimp out.  Other times he doesn't.  Not sure why

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

In this game he was saying... Pilut played scared and he does sometimes, which is why he sat and was sent down once this year.  Kid has moments when it appears to wimp out.  Other times he doesn't.  Not sure why

If MODO didn't like what Ogre had to say, he's reeeeaaaalllllly not gonna like this.

• Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, dudacek said:

2-0 Amerks after two, goals by CJ and Porter.

Last I saw the Marlies only had 12 shots. Amerks definitely carrying the play.

For as good as the Amerks looked for 2 periods, how quickly things can turn around.

The Marlies started this 3rd period with some urgency.

Really hope we find a way to pull this one out.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Going into OT!

if anyone who’s been watching the game has any observations— pls fire away.  

Total BS they call goaltender interference on Thompson earlier and not on Toronto on the OT goal. 

Where were all these guys that everyone has pining over? I took all kinds of grief for calling it like it is. If you were really a winner then you would have friggin won.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/19/2019 at 10:25 PM, Ogre said:

The fans were frothing at mouth even before they took the ice and all those poor folks got were goalposts and mouth farts.

Pilut and Olofsson are anti contact. They’ll never be Cup winners. They have zero heart.

Borgen, on the other hand, has an inner a-hole mentality that needs to be nurtured. 

lol these are hot takes.

Olofsson poured a lot into the game today. He failed to finish. Pilut was outstanding too. It's their first season in NA, they'll be okay. Saying they'll never win a Cup based on a few games in the AHL is as silly as it gets.

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Well, the silver lining in all this? Botts won't have to wait long to announce Taylor.

I would bet anything that Taylor isn't even in the conversation to be Sabres coach. He's just not good enough yet and can stay and build something in Rochester. Leafs kept Keefe in the AHL for four years now and theres some thinking they won't even let him speak with NHL clubs this summer.... and JB is gonna jump on a coach of two years with a current playoff record of 0-5? I'm confident to say not a chance.

On 4/20/2019 at 7:46 PM, Ogre said:

You’ve seen plenty of this leagues playoff games. The refs let the rough stuff go so you need to be the tougher of the two. It’s really a sad state when Kevin friggin Porter had the only fight.

It's funny how you are out to point out Olofsson or Pilut for not playin a heavy game or whatever, but the players i have seen you mention so far Porter, Tenny and DOR, all have been trash in both the games. I get it, Porter scored today, doesn't excuse him from the rest of his shifts from the two games. The other player who has disappeared has been Redmond. You're focusing on the wrong guys im afraid.

2 minutes ago, Briere48 said:

It's funny how you are out to point out Olofsson or Pilut for not playin a heavy game or whatever, but the players i have seen you mention so far Porter, Tenny and DOR, all have been trash in both the games. I get it, Porter scored today, doesn't excuse him from the rest of his shifts from the two games. The other player who has disappeared has been Redmond. You're focusing on the wrong guys im afraid.

You’re feelings betray you. I made absolutely no mention of any particular players performance in today’s game. You’re quoting comments from Friday’s game my friend.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.