Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

Let the concept of UPL begin......

#AHL goaltending history..

Patrick Roy turned pro in 1985 at age 19, played 1 regular season game. Lead the Sherbrooke Canadiens to a Calder Cup win.

Carey Price turned pro in 2007 at age 19, played 2 regular season games. Lead the Hamilton Bulldogs to a Calder Cup win.

On 2/27/2019 at 10:51 PM, GASabresIUFAN said:

After they win the Calder.

7 minutes ago, Weave said:

Let the concept of UPL begin......

Ken Dryden, leaves College, plays 6 regular season games with Montreal, leads then to the Cup, wins Conn Smythe and then wins Calder following year.

Only player ever to win the playoff MVP before winning rookie of the year. 

I know, it’s different, still amazes me.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not expecting UPL to be a regular in buffalo for at least two full season but damn it would be amazing if he turns into a top end goalie in the bigs.  I still have hope for Ullmark but this team needs a good, undesputed number one badly.

3 hours ago, tom webster said:

Ken Dryden, leaves College, plays 6 regular season games with Montreal, leads then to the Cup, wins Conn Smythe and then wins Calder following year.

Only player ever to win the playoff MVP before winning rookie of the year. 

I know, it’s different, still amazes me.

He did play a year with their national team before that year in the minors and the leap into the playoffs. But either way, very impressive (and that undefeated season with Cornell). Why am I thinking that there was another goalie with a similar start, but with a slightly less successful ending?

No Cornel, Nylander, Malone, Daugherty, Hickey, Bryson, Fitzgerald.

What I saw posted elsewhere:

CJ Porter Simpson

VO Asplund O’Reagan

Leier Criscuolo Tage

Elie Veillieux Dalton Smith

pilut Redmond

MacWilliam Borgen

Tennyson Gosselin

• Thanks (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Why no Nylander?

Hasn’t played since he got that leg cut with the Sabres. Not sure if he’s even skated.

The initial prognosis was he’d be ready for the playoffs. Haven’t heard anything since.

EDIT: seeing on Twitter he’s day to day still. And Fitzgerald has gone back to college to finish up a few things, but he will return.

Edited by dudacek

16 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Hasn’t played since he got that leg cut with the Sabres. Not sure if he’s even skated.

The initial prognosis was he’d be ready for the playoffs. Haven’t heard anything since.

EDIT: seeing on Twitter he’s day to day still. And Fitzgerald has gone back to college to finish up a few things, but he will return.

Has anyone actually seen Nylander recently with both of his legs?

20 minutes ago, LTS said:

If so, perhaps you'll buy the Sabres and spare roughly 30% of Sabrespacers their apparent misery?

I’ll take the Melnyk Approach and see if I can get PA to start a Go Fund Me for Billboards they have the saying Brawndo Out! around WNY

• Haha (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ogre said:

I’m terribly confused by this....

4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Do you happen to have Saturday’s Mega Million Numbers handy? 

So am I apparently. 1) I could have sworn the playoffs started Wednesday. 2) I googled "Marlies Amerks Game 1."  3) A video popped up that I thought was  yesterday's game 1.

I guess I'm happy they aren't down 0-1 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Haha (+1) 7

4 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

All of the Amerks First Round Playoff Games will be Broadcast on MSG in WNY 

It would be super cool if MSG would update their schedule so I could record the game. Been waiting for this announcement so I can hold off on cancelling my Fubo subscription.  

On 4/17/2019 at 12:15 PM, dudacek said:

No Cornel, Nylander, Malone, Daugherty, Hickey, Bryson, Fitzgerald.

What I saw posted elsewhere:

CJ Porter Simpson

VO Asplund O’Reagan

Leier Criscuolo Tage

Elie Veillieux Dalton Smith

pilut Redmond

MacWilliam Borgen

Tennyson Gosselin

Do you know if Cornel is hurt?

3 minutes ago, steveoath said:

What happened with Pekar? Was he out for the season, but sent to roc to be around the team?

I believe he was injured after his hot start in juniors. His team’s season ended and the Sabres wanted to reward him so they brought him. I don’t think he’s able to play, but he’s able to experience some of the pro-hockey life and has access to better facilities.

Ive been wrong before though.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Thorny said:

Do you know if Cornel is hurt?

He’s on ice warming up. Nylander absent.

I’m friggin pumped. So pumped that I’d be hitting everything that moves. That’s just the natural a-hole that is my nature. Dalton Smith is also in ice. I suspect that Taylor has been resting him for the playoffs and his special talents.

LET’S GO AMERKS!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.