Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

Tage Is still flawed but his physical gifts really stand out here. 4 goals, 6 points, +6 in less than 5 games.

His line with Porter and Smith looks very good.

Asplund Olofsson and O’Regan gives them two awesome AHL lines. Add Nylander, Leier, Simpson, even Elie at this level and there is potentially a lot of firepower.

Edited by dudacek

Just now, dudacek said:

Tage Is still flawed but his physical gifts really stand out here. 4 goals, 6 points, +6 in less than 5 games.

Asplund Olofsson and O’Regan gives them two awesome AHL lines

And Olofsson, Nylander and Pilut are on the way!!

2 minutes ago, dudacek said:

Pretty sure there’s a thread for that.

Huh?

They are on their way to Rochester. And this is a Rochester Amerks thread. That comment is quite appropriate here. 

Sorry if I missed the joke. Haha.

Edited by Zamboni

4 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Huh?

They are on their way to Rochester. And this is a Rochester Amerks thread. That comment is quite appropriate here. 

Sorry if I missed the joke. Haha.

I started a thread stating those players were coming back to the Amerks. Hours later someone else posted they were sent down in this thread. So his comment was a jab at me. Carry on. 

• Like (+1) 1

Winner winner...garbage plate dinner.

Back to one point behind the Crunch(even games played) with three more games, one against those bastards... and as @inkman pointed out hours ago...we are getting some good players back... I’m looking forward to Friday’s home finale.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, dudacek said:

Asplund Olofsson and O’Regan gives them two awesome AHL lines. Add Nylander, Leier, Simpson, even Elie at this level and there is potentially a lot of firepower.

Is there something specific about your designation there of "less than 5 games"?

Those are outrageous points for Tage.  I don't know if I'm ready to full on defend Botts but there's a very real chance he feels Tage is too good for that league and would develop better habits playing in the NHL.  I could see that toe drag move working much more often in the A than the N.  Hence why he was up with the big club even though some games he wasn't ready and/or had to sit in the press box.  His development will be very intriguing to watch.  You can't teach that shot or that size.  On the other hand, his hockey IQ leaves alot to be desired....

Edited by Derrico

4 minutes ago, Derrico said:

Those are outrageous points for Tage.  I don't know if I'm ready to full on defend Botts but there's a very real chance he feels Tage is too good for that league and would develop better habits playing in the NHL.  I could see that toe drag move working much more often in the A than the N.  Hence why he was up with the big club even though some games he wasn't ready and/or had to sit in the press box.  His development will be very intriguing to watch.  You can't teach that shot or that size.  On the other hand, his hockey IQ leaves alot to be desired....

I would have rather seen him score 40 goals and 60 points whilst working on his overall game then baby giraffe his way through the season as he did this year. A complete waste. He's no better at this point than he was to start the season. 

9 minutes ago, inkman said:

I would have rather seen him score 40 goals and 60 points whilst working on his overall game then baby giraffe his way through the season as he did this year. A complete waste. He's no better at this point than he was to start the season. 

I think this is part of the reason Housley got fired. I think Botterill expected more work on individual player development but between Tage, Casey, and Pilut it's clear that Housley and his staff weren't getting it done.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, darksabre said:

I think this is part of the reason Housley got fired. I think Botterill expected more work on individual player development but between Tage, Casey, and Pilut it's clear that Housley and his staff weren't getting it done.

I guess the only issue I have with that is why didn't JBot send them down when it was clear they weren't improving in the NHL.

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

I guess the only issue I have with that is why didn't JBot send them down when it was clear they weren't improving in the NHL.

I think it's the idea put forth above: that they don't get much from being in the A. 

He might not have been happy with their development on the Sabres, but he probably felt it was still the better spot for them. 

10 minutes ago, inkman said:

My theory would be.. because you have to then bring someone else up who will then not be developed.  So, damned if you do, damned if you don't. So, you may choose to keep up the players who are more likely to develop in the NHL because of their past experience than some others that might need the AHL to develop a better feel for the NA rink and game style.

You could look at Nylander, but he could just as easily have been targeted to help Olofsson and Pilut adjust to the changes.  He wasn't so much better that he HAD to be in Buffalo.

In the end, you have a lot of players swirling around for the same kind of spots and you have to place them somewhere.  Mittlestadt knows the NA game, despite being young.  He's not Swedish, so he's not adjusting to new culture.  It's a center... which they needed in Buffalo, not as much in Rochester.  Thompson has played in the NHL/AHL and is also not Swedish.

In the end, you calculate the variables and the facets that need to be developed and you try and create the right environment.  It's the right on in Rochester and apparently wasn't quite the right one in Buffalo.

Edited by LTS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.