Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

34 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Asplund has really come in the last part of the season. The Sabres can certainly use the depth at C. I recall from his draft year that he was supposed to be a two way centre, I hope he can make the jump soon.

Maybe I'm way off but based on my observations, I still think he needs another season in the A.  He's slight of frame and could use some work on his offensive game. 

Loading the Sabres team with multiple rookies is a great idea. 

What could possibly go wrong? haha

Fans tend to forget these kids are playing against AHL talent not NHL.

Asplund definitely needs another full season in Roch. He can come up when injuries hit and play a handful of games. He needs more development for sure.

Olofsson i’d take the risk (if he looks amazing in camp) and give him some preseason and a handful of regular season games to see how he responds. If he looks lost or below average, send him back to Roch with the idea of calling him up often for injuries.

It will be interesting to see if JB starts Tage in Roch next season or not.

21 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Loading the Sabres team with multiple rookies is a great idea. 

What could possibly go wrong? haha

Fans tend to forget these kids are playing against AHL talent not NHL.

Asplund definitely needs another full season in Roch. He can come up when injuries hit and play a handful of games. He needs more development for sure.

Olofsson i’d take the risk (if he looks amazing in camp) and give him some preseason and a handful of regular season games to see how he responds. If he looks lost or below average, send him back to Roch with the idea of calling him up often for injuries.

It will be interesting to see if JB starts Tage in Roch next season or not.

I think CJ is ready.  He could easily be an upgrade over 4-5 cadavers we send out there every night.  

I did notice the Amerks are aggressive.  They knocked 2 Marlies out of the game with nasty, but clean, hits.  

Edited by Gatorman0519

39 minutes ago, inkman said:

Maybe I'm way off but based on my observations, I still think he needs another season in the A.  He's slight of frame and could use some work on his offensive game. 

I'm a fan of giving guys like him that first full year in the AHL, and then being the guy who rides the shuttle back and forth when needed due to injury the following year.  So yeah, he sees the majority of his time in the AHL, but gets spot duty from time to time.

• Like (+1) 1

The Amerks lose to LV 4-3 in OT tonight. They outshot them 43-31 but poor Wedgewood had another terrible performance. Halfway through the second he’d let in 3 goals on 17 shots. The last two were unassisted glove side high. Pathetic. Yanked again. Wilcox comes in off the bench like a tiger. When he starts he’s more like tigger. I hope for a deeper run this year but goaltending has been weak.

• Like (+1) 1

4-2 win over Laval without Redmond, Pilut, Borgen, Tenny, Olofsson, Nylander or D.Smith. Tage had a bad first period but got going a little toward the end. This kid Gosselin from UAH looks like a solid Dman. I expect him as an Amerk next year.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Amerks in Binghamton tonight. Devils up 3-1 at the end of the first.

Amerks 21 sog 

Bing 9 sog

Wedgewood let in 3 on 9 shots. It’s like he suddenly got the yips. I’m very worried about this guy in the playoffs.

Are the defense leaving him out to dry? Is he getting any support?

28 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Are the defense leaving him out to dry? Is he getting any support?

Nope. He’s only faced 13 shots so far and the Amerks has 32 sog at the end of 2. The D is sheltering him just fine. He let in 2 unassisted the other night. He’s been replaced in net the prior 2 starts. If he lets in any more I have no doubt that Taylor will pull him again. I’m surprised he wasn’t replaced at the first intermission. Amerks can clinch tonight.

We’re in!!!! Amerks win 6-4 and out shoot Bing 47-20 to clinch a playoff spot. It’s unfortunate that Wedgewood only saved 16 shots but Taylor stuck with him and they won. Tage with another goal and our old pal Nathan Paetsch got the empty netter. There is still a very good chance at reclaiming first place before the season ends.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Ogre said:

We’re in!!!! Amerks win 6-4 and out shoot Bing 47-20 to clinch a playoff spot. It’s unfortunate that Wedgewood only saved 16 shots but Taylor stuck with him and they won. Tage with another goal and our old pal Nathan Paetsch got the empty netter. There is still a very good chance at reclaiming first place before the season ends.

Very nice!

Wedgewood needs to get his head on straight. Or they are not long for the playoffs.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.