Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

18 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Place is packed tonight. Excitement in Rochester for the team this season?

Tis the season. Football over, Sabres irrelevant, youth hockey coming to an end, Spring training not in full swing. 

The winning helps but if all those things aren't aligned, the crowd wouldn't be as large. 

Amerks win 5-3.  Olofsson & Leier with 2 goal games. Nylander a goal & assist. Asplund and O'Regan with 2 helpers each. 

Team is buzzing. Smoked the best team in the league Friday and beat the bottom feeder Devil's Saturday. Matinee at 3pm on MSG Tomorrow. Hopefully, they can keep it up for the TV audience. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, inkman said:

Amerks win 5-3.  Olofsson & Leier with 2 goal games. Nylander a goal & assist. Asplund and O'Regan with 2 helpers each. 

Team is buzzing. Smoked the best team in the league Friday and beat the bottom feeder Devil's Saturday. Matinee at 3pm on MSG Tomorrow. Hopefully, they can keep it up for the TV audience. 

Team looked good in Binghamton last night

C6CBA06D-3F61-4863-8F15-984F0380A4DA.jpeg

I’ve missed two in a row.... Amerks back in first by one point with a game in hand for Syracuse...9 points ahead of third place Toronto with even GP...round one is going to be wild...

Edited by Ogre

57 minutes ago, inkman said:

Went to Amerks. Won 3-0. Smith, Olofsson and Leier with the tallies. 

One thing stuck out to me. Victor Olofsson is skinny. Like coat hanger skinny. I have to believe this is what has kept him in the A.  

Leirer has been a nice addition. Kid knows how to find the twine. Better than Bailey IMO. 

9 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’ve missed two in a row.... Amerks back in first by one point with a game in hand for Syracuse...9 points ahead of third place Toronto with even GP...round one is going to be wild...

I'm hoping to see Rochester and Syracuse meet at some point in the playoffs. That would be a nasty series. They play 12 times during the regular season, a 7 game series would be 19 matchups. If that doesn't make a rivalry, I dont know what does. They already hate each other.

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoy folks.

On 3/13/2019 at 10:58 PM, Claude Balls said:

I'm hoping to see Rochester and Syracuse meet at some point in the playoffs. That would be a nasty series. They play 12 times during the regular season, a 7 game series would be 19 matchups. If that doesn't make a rivalry, I dont know what does. They already hate each other.

And the Amerks actually have 5-6 guys that are legit tough. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.