Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

49 minutes ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Then I guess I’m on the only SS member here watching them suck. 

Also surprised that the attendance is maybe a couple hundred people. 

I debated going but the 40 minute ride home afterwards convinced me not to go. Glad I didn’t. Johansson had a rough go it looks like. Yeesh!

28 minutes ago, shrader said:

Do they typically get much of a crowd for a wednesday night game?

Haven't for a while.  Just seeing it rather than hearing about it makes it more striking.  And hopefully that was sparser than normal, though that's doubtful.  Inky or Ogre could tell you if it was.

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Haven't for a while.  Just seeing it rather than hearing about it makes it more striking.  And hopefully that was sparser than normal, though that's doubtful.  Inky or Ogre could tell you if it was.

A couple hundred is a little light for a random Wednesday in December but I bet they don't average more than 1,000 for those games. 

It's been 20 years since Rochester cared about Amerks hockey. I don't think any one thing is to blame but poor management, terrible on ice teams, the dual affiliation, the rise of RIT hockey, the Sabres gaining in popularity and the typical dwidling of sporting event attendance as we all can do other cool things now too has led to the current state. 

The team only comes close to selling out if the game is on a Friday night with some sort of promotion during a successful season. See Brian Gionta return. 

6 minutes ago, hsif said:

Stacey in attendance..... 

Always a plus

1 minute ago, inkman said:

A couple hundred is a little light for a random Wednesday in December but I bet they don't average more than 1,000 for those games. 

It's been 20 years since Rochester cared about Amerks hockey. I don't think any one thing is to blame but poor management, terrible on ice teams, the dual affiliation, the rise of RIT hockey, the Sabres gaining in popularity and the typical dwidling of sporting event attendance as we all can do other cool things now too has led to the current state. 

The team only comes close to selling out if the game is on a Friday night with some sort of promotion during a successful season. See Brian Gionta return. 

Ink is right on. That’s light for a Wednesday. Is that pic when the teams were on ice? Sometimes takes a while for peeps to trickle in. The one dude in my row doesn’t get there until the 2nd or 3rd, for example.

I’ve only been in WNY for 23 yrs so I can’t comment on anything older than that. Amerks win the Calder that year and the city was buzzing about hockey. 

Then I remember going to Friday games a few years later, like around ‘99/‘00, and attendance was horrific. Maybe 1000 ppl. The team was bad for a long time and like Ink  is saying, there just became more to do. I even considered not renewing the season seats the year before they made the playoffs. I couldn’t even give tickets away.

Decided to just do one seat last year(and again this year). I can always buy an extra ticket if someone wants to go. Why throw tickets away? I used my unused vouchers for the nights my wife going. They’re getting better though and it’s worth the price of two seats again, if anything, just to not have some random smelly dbag sitting knee to knee with me. Had this big troglodyte sitting there earlier this year. He knocks my friggin beer off the knee wall all over some lady standing there(which if she’d been in her seat...). She turns and looks at me like I did it. I wasn’t shy calling out the oversized uncoordinated bridge troll next to me.

“That wasn’t empty?” He stammers.

“No. I think that’s why she’s all wet dude.” 

Idiot.

2 hours ago, Ogre said:

6 is the magical time to park. You can even find spots on Broad. I was fifteen minutes past and still find a nice spot on Fitzhugh.

I'd be castrated if I left for a sporting evernt 1.5 hours before it started, not to mention my 4 year old will make my life unbearable and I'll have to leave by the first intermission (happened tonight even after arriving at 630).

Amerks win 3-1. Wedgewood with 42 saves and first star. Unbelievable performance. 

It was nice to hear the fans cheering Dalton Smith when he went to the bench after throwing three huge hits in a single shift.

Alex had a great night. Scored a goal and was fantastic on the forecheck.

They play the Monsters again tomorrow night. Win again boys. We are opening a big margin between first and third.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

I'd be castrated if I left for a sporting evernt 1.5 hours before it started, not to mention my 4 year old will make my life unbearable and I'll have to leave by the first intermission (happened tonight even after arriving at 630).

I like to grab some food and a beer and watch warm ups....and hot hockey moms. Did a little Xmas shopping. A barren childless sort like me has to pass the time somehow.

45 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I like to grab some food and a beer and watch warm ups....and hot hockey moms. Did a little Xmas shopping. A barren childless sort like me has to pass the time somehow.

In 15 years I'll be where your at although I think the alcoholism gets me a lot sooner.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.