Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

I also think that it’s worth noting that the whole team in general plays a far more physically aggressive game than I’ve seen the last few years. The younger guys seemed  to shy away from that style at first but everyone has been in on the hitting. Even Nylander has had some big time hits. That’s one thing I’ve noticed with Asplund’s lately. Finishing those hits.

Taylor has these guys playing with attitude and when they’re “getting it on” they’re nearly unstoppable.

My seats are across the ice from the benches because I like to see the coaches reactions but a prior commitment kept me away last night. I watched the end of the first and the rest of the game on TV and it was nice to get a close up view of Taylor ripping them a new one when they slacked off a bit in the third. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Samson's Flow said:

I watched much of the game last night on MSG and the Amerks looked like a clone of our current Sabres team. Fast skating and hyper aggressive 5 man forecheck. I was entertained and saw a very good effort against Utica.

The motto for this entire organization for this season should be “Are you entertained?”  That certainly seems to be the theme of all 3 teams.  Fast skating, hard working, forechecking, active D and going to he net.  It really is amazing when a plan comes together.

10 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

The motto for this entire organization for this season should be “Are you entertained?”  That certainly seems to be the theme of all 3 teams.  Fast skating, hard working, forechecking, active D and going to he net.  It really is amazing when a plan comes together.

I think the point of calling up Johansson was to test the plan. There are no injuries. Cincinnati has a few days off and Jonas has been playing well so why not see? He looked pretty good btw. Well other than getting in a little bit over his head behind the net that one time.

4 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I think the point of calling up Johansson was to test the plan. There are no injuries. Cincinnati has a few days off and Jonas has been playing well so why not see? He looked pretty good btw. Well other than getting in a little bit over his head behind the net that one time.

Johansson is part of the plan.  Jbot wanted more experience in Roch (including NHL time) to back stop the Sabres in case of injury to Hutton and Ullmark which is why he brought in Wedgewood and kept he experienced Wilcox as the backup in the AHL.  However Johansson is the only legit goalie prospect in professional part of the organization.  I think Jbot wants to develop him slowly and groom him to be a possible backup to Ullmark in Buffalo at some point and as a goalie to expose come expansion time.  Remember there is no NHL  PT requirement for the exposed goaltender.  They just have to be either under contract or an RFA w a tender offer.

The win last night was big. Syracuse has 3 games in hand and this win put us 6 pts ahead. 

They also won Friday vs the Bruins. The first time we’ve bested them in 10 yrs. Bailey scored both the Amerks goals. The second was unassisted. Stole the puck at the blue line and completely smoked McIntyre.

5 minutes ago, Ogre said:

The win last night was big. Syracuse has 3 games in hand and this win put us 6 pts ahead. 

They also won Friday vs the Bruins. The first time we’ve bested them in 10 yrs. Bailey scored both the Amerks goals. The second was unassisted. Stole the puck at the blue line and completely smoked McIntyre.

Bailey could work himself into a nice replacement for 17

I've liked Eric Cornel too. It's a make it or break it season for him but i thought he's been solid and i thought he was pretty solid in the second half last season too. I wonder when they give him a chance? I think he could be a solid fourth line player. Danny Paille esque. (the Bruins version)

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Briere48 said:

I've liked Eric Cornel too. It's a make it or break it season for him but i thought he's been solid and i thought he was pretty solid in the second half last season too. I wonder when they give him a chance? I think he could be a solid fourth line player. Danny Paille esque. (the Bruins version)

Sadly I don't think it will happen. Has a nice well rounded game albeit without any top end skills. Could make a nice 4th liner but I don't see the opportunity with Buffalo. 

On 12/8/2018 at 11:37 PM, inkman said:

Amerks win 4-3. Olofsson and a bunch of guys you don't care about with goals. Guhle, Asplund and CJ Smith with helpers.  

The points have suddenly arrived for Asplund.  I don't think there's an AHL game tracker to check but he had 1 point through his first 14 games, and 8 points in his last 10 or so.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.