Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

26 minutes ago, shrader said:

So you're not a big fan of the ECHL roster?  These players say absolutely nothing about Sabre depth.

On the contrary,,,,if you're a Roch player would you want to be sent down? Ask Karabacek. If you're a Cinci player wouldn't you want to push your way up to at least the AHL?

If you had said " they mean very little to the Sabres depth" I would have likely agreed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

On the contrary,,,,if you're a Roch player would you want to be sent down? Ask Karabacek. If you're a Cinci player wouldn't you want to push your way up to at least the AHL?

If you had said " they mean very little to the Sabres depth" I would have likely agreed.

So you've taking being a grammar nazi to a new level?  I'll remember to choose my words better in the future.  Here, I'll give it a shot:

This list of players says absolutely nothing about the depth of the Buffalo Sabres organization.

I hope that one's better.  Just remember, when you read that, be sure to go with the Canadian pronunciation of "organization".  We're talking about hockey here, so it just feels right.

The Amerks camp list is meaningless with 40 plus players still in Buffalo, many of which are still fighting for NHL jobs.  There is exactly one legit prospect on the Amerks list right now and that is Cornel.  

We actually have excellent depth.  Forward Prospects like Smith, Oglevie, Asplund, Nylander, Thompson, O’Regan, Malone, Olofsson, Bailey and Baptiste are still in Buffalo. Rochester Defense vets Fedun and Tennyson are also still in Buffalo plus Rochester by bound prospects Borgen, Pilut, Hickey and Guhle.  Also Rochester starting goalie, Wedgewood, is also still in Buffalo.  That’s basically the starting lineup for Rochester this season.  Most of these guys have NHL experience or on NHL development curves.  What more do you want?

Edited by GASabresIUFAN
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, shrader said:

So you've taking being a grammar nazi to a new level?  I'll remember to choose my words better in the future.  Here, I'll give it a shot:

This list of players says absolutely nothing about the depth of the Buffalo Sabres organization.

I hope that one's better.  Just remember, when you read that, be sure to go with the Canadian pronunciation of "organization".  We're talking about hockey here, so it just feels right.

It has nothing to do with being a grammar **** and everything to do with the meaning of what you said.

But forget it...you wouldn't understand. And how did you know I was German??? 

• 2 weeks later...

I may be malnourished by games end with the way PSE has screwed up concessions. My usher tells me they canned all the Rochester people and are bussing in help from Buffalo. The last beer stand I hit up didn’t have any cold ones.

6-2 embarrassment. Where the opponent worked hard, the Amerks were soft. When the puck came free they watched it a second before deciding to go after it. They stood by and let the checkers own the net. They stunk. Not good.

Oglevie really struggled. Borgen had some bad turnovers. Asplund had some good passes. He also looked like a noob.  I hope this was just a fart and not something else. 

14 hours ago, Ogre said:

I may be malnourished by games end with the way PSE has screwed up concessions. My usher tells me they canned all the Rochester people and are bussing in help from Buffalo. The last beer stand I hit up didn’t have any cold ones.

If my arena experience is jacked up in any way, I'm gonna lose it. I could always count on non-existent lines (nobody in the arena) and tolerable concessions. If they've screwed both those things up, I won't go back (until it's jacket season where I can sneak a flask and burrito into the game). ?

We'll find out tonight. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, inkman said:

If my arena experience is jacked up in any way, I'm gonna lose it. I could always count on non-existent lines (nobody in the arena) and tolerable concessions. If they've screwed both those things up, I won't go back (until it's jacket season where I can sneak a flask and burrito into the game). ?

We'll find out tonight. 

I am sure the visuals are better with the new screen.  They mentioned improved sound as well, that's a huge one for me at the Amerks game.  The sounds the past few years has been so bad and so loud that it gave me headaches...

1 hour ago, LTS said:

I am sure the visuals are better with the new screen.  They mentioned improved sound as well, that's a huge one for me at the Amerks game.  The sounds the past few years has been so bad and so loud that it gave me headaches...

Get off my lawn!! ?

I think the Amerks will be just fine. There is a lot of legit talent there. How good they can become will depend on if any of the players really take off into a star in the AHL, someone like Alex Nylander for example. I think they'll continue to improve as the season goes on but i've always thought the defense was going to have a lot of issues. I wasn't at the game last night so i don't know exactly how all the goals were scored against them, but Guhle is top pairing with Borgen, who i think will become a good pro, this is his first season and the few games he played late last season were pretty bad and he never even dressed in the playoffs. Theres going to be a learning curve there.

Second pairing has Pilut, who just made his debut in NA last night paired with Redmond, who has many defensive flaws but is excellent offensively.

Third pair had Brandon Hickey who is also making his AHL debut.

Many say defensman take longer to develop and the Amerks have a handful of guys who need a lot of time and patience to develop. I think it'll help when they get Jack Doughterty into the lineup.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.