Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

Maybe Blackwell wants a two way nhl deal?

I think you mean a one way deal where he's make the same amount of money whether he plays in the NHL or AHL. I'd be happy with that as well. Everyone on here who watches the Amerks seems to be impressed with him. If that's what it takes to sign him, do it.

I think you mean a one way deal where he's make the same amount of money whether he plays in the NHL or AHL. I'd be happy with that as well. Everyone on here who watches the Amerks seems to be impressed with him. If that's what it takes to sign him, do it.

He was on an AHL contract last year. He has no leverage to get a one way deal, but he may want a two way deal which pay him a higher AHL salary then last year plus the ability to be called up without the Sabres first having to buy his contract. AHL deals don’t count against our 50 contract limit while two way deals do.

Nathan Paetsch wasn't playing much (but he was injured some of the time too). 

That's a great reason that the Amerks just resigned him to add to our umpteen other left shooting d-men.

LHD: Scandella, McCabe, Guhle, Pilut, Dahlin?, Boleeuh, Hickey?, Antipin?, [Atwal], [McWilliam], [Paetsch], Stephens, & Martin.

And 9? RHD:  Ristolainen, Bogosian, Dahlin?,Nelson, Antipin?, Fedun, Tennyson, Borgen, [Redmond].

Are they going to resign Stuart Percy too?  He was a regular who played last year.

[forgot Nelson.]

Edited by etiennep99

Too bad. Not liking him or Johansempn as our third goalie.

It says AHL contract, so Wilcox will not be the 3rd goalie.  He could very well wind up in the ECHL with that contract.  The Sabres #3 is still very much up in the air.  I could see them adding another goalie on top of whoever they grab to be the backup/platoon starter.

It says AHL contract, so Wilcox will not be the 3rd goalie. He could very well wind up in the ECHL with that contract. The Sabres #3 is still very much up in the air. I could see them adding another goalie on top of whoever they grab to be the backup/platoon starter.

Yup.

He’s the Amerks backup.

And Johansen is the other Ameks goalie.

You guys think they are signing two more goalies? Guess it’s possible.

That would leave us with:

(Mediocre acquisition we hope will be better than Lehner)

Ullmark (promising minor leaguer)

(Good minor leaguer who could fill in in Buffalo in a pinch)

Johansen (completely unproven prospect)

Wilcox (minor league backup)

Goalie purgatory is not fun.

Please Linus, save us.

Please Linus, save us.

I"m almost positive that Botterill's own words were that they're signing two more goalies

I think you are being a little hard on Johansson.

He’s 22 and played in just 7 AHL games last year, where he allowed nearly 4 a game with a save percentage of .861.

Unproven prospect seems generous.

I"m almost positive that Botterill's own words were that they're signing two more goalies

I think he did, but that was before he signed Wilcox.

Still, I think they have sign two more. No way they go into the season with Wilcox and Johansen as their depth.

Edited by dudacek

He’s 22 and played in just 7 AHL games last year, where he allowed nearly 4 a game with a save percentage of .861.

I think he did, but that was before he signed Wilcox.

Still, I think they have sign two more. No way they go into the season with Wilcox and Johansen as their depth.

If he counts Wilcox in that...we've got problems :lol:

Please Linus, save us.

Johansson is not the other goalie on the Amerks. He will battle Wilcox for the backup job but will likely lose and be the starter in Cincinnati. They still need to sign a starter for Rochester. Likely on Sunday we’ll find out who. Edited by Amerks8796

Exactly, you don't hand even the backup job, let alone the starting job to a young guy who just spent the previous year in the ECHL.  He has a lot of work in front of him to climb up the depth chart.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, based on Sabre contracts and waiver eligibility, the Amerks could look something like this:

Smith Criscuolo Thompson

Olofsson Asplund Nylander

Oglevie Malone O’Regan

Cornel Porter Pu

Guhle Borgen

Pilut Fedun

Hickey Tennyson

Wedgewood Johansson

Also in the system or signed to AHL deals: Glotov, Karabacek, Stephens, Martin, Wilcox, Randall, McWilliam, Paetsch, Redmond, Dalton Smith, Atwal

Deepest group of legitimate prospects in a while,  no?

Overstuffed on D, but they could use a veteran forward.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.