Rochester Americans 2018-19

Brawndo

Except the missing link there is likely Guhle.

If that's the case, three solid vets, three real prospects would be just about perfect for Rochester.

I think it is much more likely that one of Guhle or Pilut makes the Sabres.

The Sabres stand right now with:

Risto

Marco

Dahlin

McCabe

Bogo

Nelson

Baloo

While that might leave both Pilut and Guhle starting in Roch, I suspect at least two of the those Current Sabres won’t be here to start the season.

I think it is much more likely that one of Guhle or Pilut makes the Sabres.

The Sabres stand right now with:

Risto

Marco

Dahlin

McCabe

Bogo

Nelson

Baloo

While that might leave both Pilut and Guhle starting in Roch, I suspect at least two of the those Current Sabres won’t be here to start the season.

. Hoping its Baloo one of Bogo or Nelson but definetly Baloo.

Andrew MacWilliam and Arvin Atwal return. Interesting.

Atwal is still a propsect and is only 22. He has only 80 pro games.

MacWilliams is 28 and has 318 games, so he qualifies in the 260-320 prospect slot.

So we now have 6D slated for Roch.

1) Redmond

2) Fedun

3) Tennyson

4) Borgen

5) MacWilliam

6) Atwal

With 2 players, Guhle and Pilut an unknown as to either Roch or Buff.

Total signed D in the organization - Dahlin + 6 NHL, 6 AHL, 2 NHL/AHL, + 3 ECHL(Stephens, Martin & Florentino).

Those guys will play the exact same roles they did last year - keeping the blueline relevant when injuries and call-ups hit. And Stephens and Martin remain under contract yet a long way away from being needed.

GA, you’ve got to be pleased with Botterill taking care of the D depth in a way Murray did not.

Edited by dudacek

its early, and already not much room on the big club or the Amerks for D-men. I've got to think the Sabres have to already be thinking about unloading some of the D-men they have for some loose change in the near future.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Baloo and or McCabe get moved this summer. Bogo buy out?

Those guys will play the exact same roles they did last year - keeping the blueline relevant when injuries and call-ups hit. And Stephens and Martin remain under contract yet a long way away from being needed.

GA, you’ve got to be pleased with Botterill taking care of the D depth in a way Murray did not.

Thrilled. DR and TM let us down so badly in this area. It’s getting better, but still not there. Still want to see more D early in the draft and I think we need at least one more NHL top 4 D if we are really going to step forward next season. Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Baloo and or McCabe get moved this summer. Bogo buy out?

Thrilled. DR and TM let us down so badly in this area. It’s getting better, but still not there. Still want to see more D early in the draft and I think we need at least one more NHL top 4 D if we are really going to step forward next season.

You are now getting rid of 3 of the teams top 7 defenders. Who replaces any of them? 

I strongly believe Botterill has no interest in at all in buying out Bogo. 

Nothing would be a more pleasant surprise than this season turning into the redemption of Zach Bogosian.

He’s had a kid, seen a ton of adversity physically, got a clear message from his GM to prepare like a professional and is now the longest-serving NHLer to have never seen the playoffs.

He should be highly motivated, playing for a coach and a system tailored to his game and a team that desperately needs him to step up.

It’s time to grow up and be a leader.

You are now getting rid of 3 of the teams top 7 defenders. Who replaces any of them? 

I strongly believe Botterill has no interest in at all in buying out Bogo. 

Not being surprised is very different then saying they are gone, but the replacements are mostly here if all three get moved.  Baloo is already the 7th D as it stands right now.  He can easily be replaced by re-signing Falk or dropping Nelson to 7th if one of Pilut or Guhle make the team.  If both Pilut and Guhle make the team.  Nelson stays at 7 and McCabe might become expendable.  Honestly, I don't expect all 3 to be gone, but 2 of the 3 may become expendable depending on other moves, but this is a discussion for a Sabres D thread.

Nothing would be a more pleasant surprise than this season turning into the redemption of Zach Bogosian.

He’s had a kid, seen a ton of adversity physically, got a clear message from his GM to prepare like a professional and is now the longest-serving NHLer to have never seen the playoffs.

He should be highly motivated, playing for a coach and a system tailored to his game and a team that desperately needs him to step up.

If he could stay healthy for 70 games and play decent D as the 3rd line RD we would celebrate for weeks.  Odds of that happening? 5%.

Now back on topic.

Fasching gone.  Instead a 30 year old AHL vet for the offense (Sislo) and hopefully a 22 year old D for the defense (Hickey)

Assuming Hickey signs, that's now 7 D for Rochester, 7 D in Buffalo (including Dahlin) and 2 guys in limbo (Pilut and Guhle).  

Man, you're delusional :lol:

Pleasant surprise doesn't even begin to describe what this happening would be.

Man, you're delusional :lol:

Pleasant surprise doesn't even begin to describe what this happening would be.

You’re right. I wasn’t thinking about what it would mean to the bunker.

It would be like watching Marchand slamming the penalty box door on his own nose.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.