Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

33 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

J.T. Compher with his 13th and 14th, including the current game lead goal against Chicago. Dam does that kid look good. Works his ass off. I'd like a do over on that ROR trade, if no other reason then to have Compher in the blue & gold.

I always liked that pick.

Never mind the eternal ROR debates, were we better off with Compher and Zadorov than we are with Thompson and this year's first?

• Like (+1) 1

Sabresbuzz disagreeing with the McDavid suspension. Hate to break it to ya bud but it might make him a little less of a target. If players think stars can get away with murder they will seek their own justice. They may still go after him but I doubt as much of a threat because he was held accountable.

18 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Every now and then I like to look at William Karlsson and point out his s% regressed 9.4% and he's gone from 43-35-78 to 18-21-39

Pretty crazy you can get that lucky for an entire season. This years number are more in line with his career, correct?

28 minutes ago, IrwinNelson said:

Pretty crazy you can get that lucky for an entire season. This years number are more in line with his career, correct?

Yup, which is why you have to be skeptical of overpaying Skinner. He isn't an 18% career shooter. 

48 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Every now and then I like to look at William Karlsson and point out his s% regressed 9.4% and he's gone from 43-35-78 to 18-21-39

Amazing how that works... 

19 minutes ago, shrader said:

No one will ever be able to convince me that the whole thing wasn't fixed.

Haha. I am not trying to figure out how some league executive could maneuver to arrange a Karlsson sh% peak season - threatening opposing goaltender's families, equipment malfunctions, etc.