Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

2 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I appreciate this very much.

I do appreciate Weave's support and I do think that Hucks reply to my post was out of line and showed a general disrespect.  That said, I agree with you that I, nor my post, was the target of that disrespect.  It is well known that I am not a Christian, but I still found the image in the link you posted (not you for posting it, mind you) very distasteful.  If I were a Christian I would find Hucks post extremely disrespectful.

I'm almost as religious as you and I did not find it insulting.  A little ignorant, maybe, but also coming from a culture where atheism is increasingly the norm.

In general, I think we need to reconsider what we get outraged about on this board.  It's turning into a 24/7 sensitivity training.  

I don't want people calling each other fa---ot or things like that, but imagine if I complained every time someone used a phrase like "cancer in the dressing room"?  Does it bug me a little bit?  You bet.  Is it enough to make an issue out of it?  Not even close.  

I've been trying to stay out of board meta-drama the last couple of years but I want this to remain a fun place.  Can we all leave a little room for each other?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I appreciate this very much.

I do appreciate Weave's support and I do think that Hucks reply to my post was out of line and showed a general disrespect.  That said, I agree with you that I, nor my post, was the target of that disrespect.  It is well known that I am not a Christian, but I still found the image in the link you posted (not you for posting it, mind you) very distasteful.  If I were a Christian I would find Hucks post extremely disrespectful.

I'm not sure how you're reading it that way.  It was a jab at all religion in general, not just one.

Oilers are looking for scoring and are prepared to pay.

"the team could be willing to part with their first-round pick, a goaltender, (and) maybe a young developing forward."

Is Puljujarvi packing his bags? Talbot too?

An Edmonton Journalist wrote Monday that he interprets Rishaug's report to mean that Kailer Yamamoto, Tyler Benson, Cameron Hebig or even Jesse Puljujarvi could be on the move depending on the Oilers' return - in addition to one their NHL goaltenders and a first-round pick.

edit ... How does that GM still have a job? Lucic for another 4 years at 6m per and they are only 2.25m away from the cap not counting ELC bonuses. A waste of McDavid's talent.

Edited by Ducky
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I'm almost as religious as you and I did not find it insulting.  A little ignorant, maybe, but also coming from a culture where atheism is increasingly the norm.

In general, I think we need to reconsider what we get outraged about on this board.  It's turning into a 24/7 sensitivity training.  

I don't want people calling each other fa---ot or things like that, but imagine if I complained every time someone used a phrase like "cancer in the dressing room"?  Does it bug me a little bit?  You bet.  Is it enough to make an issue out of it?  Not even close.  

I've been trying to stay out of board meta-drama the last couple of years but I want this to remain a fun place.  Can we all leave a little room for each other?

But again, I'm not really sure how this is "around the NHL".

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

But again, I'm not really sure how this is "around the NHL".

I know; that's why I was reluctant to comment.  Anyway.  Maybe someone should just delete the last eight hours or so of this thread.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

My apologies for contributong to the derilment of this great thread.

I hate to call on a mod to clean up after us, but maybe they could.  I would delete my initial reply to PA, but that really would not help.

Sorry, but one last thing ... @shrader ... then it's worse than I thought, if you are correct.

38 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Pshhh, we don't get along with those lawyer types, especially when they're trying to be rational..... Somethings up, Smells fishy..... 

?

3 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Sooooo, we can pretty much bank on Montreal, Columbus and the Isle all winning tonight because that is pretty much all the teams in front of us have done for 3 weeks right?

THey're all playing junk teams, so yeah.

5 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

Sooooo, we can pretty much bank on Montreal, Columbus and the Isle all winning tonight because that is pretty much all the teams in front of us have done for 3 weeks right?

As predicted.....season over boys

5 points behind last playoff spot might as well be 1,000

10 hours ago, darksabre said:

It was predictable though. It's why posts about "sensitive" topics like religion are confined to their own thread.

At some point you have to know what content is going to feed the trolls. This one was obvious. 

NS and Huckleberry aren't trolls. People can have genuine negative opinions about religion. It wasn't targeted at NS. Also, I didn't know the topic of religion was also placed under LTS' purview. What's next, the wine and cheese thread?

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

NS and Huckleberry aren't trolls. People can have genuine negative opinions about religion. It wasn't targeted at NS. Also, I didn't know the topic of religion was also placed under LTS' purview. What's next, the wine and cheese thread?

Why is this still going on?

None of you can just stop it and move on?

2 hours ago, CallawaySabres said:

As predicted.....season over boys

5 points behind last playoff spot might as well be 1,000

All it take is a quick string of games and the entire landscape changes. The Sabres would be 8th in the East in pts% on Friday night if they win their next 2, and the Habs lose on the road in Columbus. We'd be one point behind with a game in hand. 

Not saying that's definitely gonna happen but 3 games bouncing your way in a row isn't a huge stretch. So, "over", is. 

6 hours ago, Thorny said:

All it take is a quick string of games and the entire landscape changes. The Sabres would be 8th in the East in pts% on Friday night if they win their next 2, and the Habs lose on the road in Columbus. We'd be one point behind with a game in hand. 

Not saying that's definitely gonna happen but 3 games bouncing your way in a row isn't a huge stretch. So, "over", is. 

I like the positivity but I think we all know that the chances a buffalo climbing back in the top 8 for the rest of the season is not going to happen

3 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I like the positivity but I think we all know that the chances a buffalo climbing back in the top 8 for the rest of the season is not going to happen

I wouldn't say that .....but it's going to be a real challenge. Are they up for it? We'll see soon enough. Are they going to get help from JBot? We'll see that answer soon too.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Anaheim has now lost 12 in a row.

And the real funky thing is that they are not very far out of the playoffs in the West.

The West has 6 dominant teams and then everybody else bunched together way back.

I think the Rookies (man, I am having one of those old geezer moments again ... they have not been the Rookies in forever) ... Colorado is the Sabres of the West.  One great line and then not much atol.

• Like (+1) 1