Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

2 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Both those two players with point totals through the roof probably hurts the MVP case of either.

As for your theory, I'm not so sure, tough to say. Jets were completely fine last season during Scheifele's extended absence, with Wheeler actually shifting over and playing centre. 

Which has been great for my fantasy team, since this year he's listed as W/C. Hooray versatility! Unfortunately, my goaltending is so bad I kinda wish I had 2017 Robin Lehner. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED
  • Haha (+1) 1

Jets actually went 11-2-3 last season when Scheifele went out with that injury. Sure that's last season, but that definitely doesn't scream "most valuable player to his team" by any stretch of the imagination.

The Jets have so many good players that they don't deserve to have a player sniffing the Hart based on the true definition of the award. Imagine the Oilers without McDavid. They aren't going 11-2-3.

Edited by Thorny

22 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Tweet was deleted?

Actually Anaheim must have deleted the tweet and re-tweeted a new one. 

Devin Shore (Dallas) to Anaheim for Andrew Cogliano.

Edited by LTS
Clarification

42 minutes ago, darksabre said:

Give credit to PA though, he's the one posting completely irrelevant stuff in this thread. 

PA? A fine poster. The Jude Law of posters, you might say. Or at least Sean Penn would. (obscure)

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

Your lack of foresight is disappointing. Your lack of hindsight is worse.

I'm not responsible for people without a sense of humor. A McJesus statue story on a hockey board is not an invitation for political commentary.

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I'm not responsible for people without a sense of humor. A McJesus statue story on a hockey board is not an invitation for political commentary.

8 minutes ago, darksabre said:

You do know that some things aren't universally funny right? 

I didn't find the story PA linked funny or off-topic, and I don't believe it is the post to which @Weave was referring, in any event.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

I didn't find the story PA linked funny or off-topic, and I don't believe it is the post to which @Weave was referring, in any event.

Yeah, Huckleberry was the target.  I don’t think PA needs to be responsible for someone else choosing to be rude.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

3 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yeah, Huckleberry was the target.  I don’t think PA needs to be responsible for someone else choosing to be rude.

It was predictable though. It's why posts about "sensitive" topics like religion are confined to their own thread.

At some point you have to know what content is going to feed the trolls. This one was obvious. 

18 hours ago, Weave said:

Wow.  Serious disrespect towards probably our most respectful poster.

*unsubscribes*

I appreciate this very much.

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

It was a McDavid joke. And no one disrespected NS.

I do appreciate Weave's support and I do think that Hucks reply to my post was out of line and showed a general disrespect.  That said, I agree with you that I, nor my post, was the target of that disrespect.  It is well known that I am not a Christian, but I still found the image in the link you posted (not you for posting it, mind you) very distasteful.  If I were a Christian I would find Hucks post extremely disrespectful.