Around the NHL 2018-2019

WildCard

1 hour ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

Kadri is a punk.  That is how anyone should stand up for their goalie, or any other teammate.

I hate the fact that a goalie can take the first shot and get away with it and I hate Adam McQuaid.

I still loved every second of that clip.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I'd say that bruised junk is many times worse than bruised ribs.  I have had both, but not from playing hockey.

Yup.  The original wearer of 20 was the best goalie to ever play the game, IMO.

I had a brief debate about that with an ex-Soviet cabby once.  Smartly, for me, I never brought it up in front of my ex-girlfriend's ex-Soviet family.

There's really no Sabres hockey until Thursday?  Grr.

Also, I am uninspired and I don't want to use the same poem again, so give me one to work with.

11 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I had a brief debate about that with an ex-Soviet cabby once.  Smartly, for me, I never brought it up in front of my ex-girlfriend's ex-Soviet family.

There's really no Sabres hockey until Thursday?  Grr.

Also, I am uninspired and I don't want to use the same poem again, so give me one to work with.

What do you usually use? Night before Christmas?

Edit: 12 days of Sabrespace 

Edited by WildCard

2 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

Laffs tying the game with 7 seconds left, after playing a fairly lousy game. 

Love the Detroit PBP announcers sidekick, who sounds like Alan Thicke, who could be heard mumbling “are you serious?”

That would be Red Wings legend and 2-time 50-goal scorer Mickey Redmond.  He's been doing color for the Red Wings almost as long as RJ has done PBP for the Sabres.  He's known for Mickeyisms, old-time sayings like when guys got caught violating curfew, "Aw coach, we were just going out for a few ginger ales!"  Or about a goal mouth scramble, "Ten hungry lumberjacks, one pork chop left on the plate, and who should come up with it but Brett Hull!"  Or here's one on video.  Yes, it mentions ginger ales as a euphemism for beers.  After being away from the NHL for years, Mickey helped bring me back.  He's a treasure behind the mic every bit as much as RJ is.

Edited by Doohickie
  • Like (+1) 2